Bhakail Yule Revel XL Sock Exchange (2018)
|Award & Office Badges|
Lady Iriniia Mieszkowna (Eye-reen-nee-uh, Mee-ehs-kohv-nuh), "Mieszko's Daughter”, officially came home to the SCA in April of 2017. Answers to "Rinii", "Raini", and "Sparrow", but also to "Hey You!". Former Feral SCA Child, Water Bearer, Retainer, Scribe, Bard, General Helper with All the Things, Crossbow wielder, Walking Pell.
Roughly 10th century, Polish. Daughter of down-on-his-luck far traveling Merchant/Tinker turned Mercenary; opted to stay in Ireland with a young man who bought a piece of jewelry from her father and shyly presented it to her moments after. Now travels happily by his side, involving herself in everything she can get her hands on. (see Runi inn Irski)
Offices & Positions
Award of Arms, June 2018 Flame of Bhakail, a token of Service, given for service to Tavern "At the Sign of the Stag and Sparrow", Champions and Commons, August, 2018 Flame of Bhakail, a token of Service, given for Calligraphy and Illumination, Champions and Commons, August, 2018
- Kitchen Staff and Server, Shire Wars : October 2017
- Kitchen Staff, String Thyng : January 2018
- Head Cook, Tavern : January 2018, At the Sign of the Stag and Sparrow
- Presented with a Spoon by the Baron and Baroness, promptly dubbed “Battle”
- Kitchen Staff, Scribal Schola : April 2018
- Head Cook, Hunter's Picnic : May 2018
- Server for Bhakail Yule Revel XL : December, 2018
- Deputy Autocrat for Fimbulwinter : March 2019
Projects and Current Doings
- Currently in training to be a combat archer. Uses a crossbow. Very excited about it.
- Currently in training to join in the fun of heavy list. Whacking people with sticks is cathartic!
- Under the tutelage and mentorship of Lady Shoshana Gryffyth for the arts of Calligraphy and Illumination.
- Under the tutelage of Master Muin maqq Minain for the arts of metalsmithing.
- Sings moderately well and is excited to dink out a few songs on multiple instruments, even though she can't read music or play any instruments past by ear. Has absolutely no rhythm and is disappointed by it; adopted by the Dark Bards and has been gleefully wreaking havoc on unsuspecting passerby since.
- Painting and Illumination
- Musical Instruments (plays the flute, and is slowly learning cello, violin, and harp)
- Twiddling with flavors and spices
- Garment Construction
- Inkle Weaving
- Turning found objects into useful things
- Embroidery (although she has little patience for it)
- Southern Region War Camp, June 2017
- Kings and Queens Arts and Sciences and Bardic Championship, February 2018
- Bhakail Champions and Commons, August 2017
- Rivers War, September 2017
- Yule in Renaissance Germany, December 2017
- Bhakail Yule Revel XL, December 2018
Sparrows hold special meaning for Iriniia. For her, they symbolize adaptability, curiosity, productivity, creativity, joy in the simple things of life, and are fiercely protective of their flocks. They are also vindictive little buggers, and this delights her. Her colors are midnight blue, black, and silvery gray. Her scribal signature is a small, rotund black sparrow.
In Case of Court
Please notify Lady Iriniia's spouse, Lord Runi inn Irski; he is excellent at keeping secrets and will make sure she is present and presentable to the Crown and their Representatives. If possible, please also notify Lady Shoshana Gryffyth or Baroness Mari Clock van Hoorne, close friends of Iriniia, and much better at making sure she is presentable than Lord Runi.