Difference between revisions of "Iriniia Mieszkowna"
|Line 13:||Line 13:|
== Introduction ==
== Introduction ==
Iriniia Mieszkowna (Eye-reen-nee-uh, Mee-ehs-kohv-nuh), "Mieszko's Daughter”, officially came back home to the SCA in April of 2017. Answers to "Rinii", "Raini", and "Sparrow", but also to "Hey You!". Former Feral SCA Child, Water Bearer, Retainer, Scribe, Apprentice, Bard, General Helper with All the Things, Crossbow wielder, Walking Pell.
== Persona ==
== Persona ==
Revision as of 20:51, 7 January 2020
Bhakail Commons, Court (2019) Photography courtesy of Chana Freidl the Maker
|Award & Office Badges|
Pani Iriniia Mieszkowna (Eye-reen-nee-uh, Mee-ehs-kohv-nuh), "Mieszko's Daughter”, officially came back home to the SCA in April of 2017. Answers to "Rinii", "Raini", and "Sparrow", but also to "Hey You!". Former Feral SCA Child, Water Bearer, Retainer, Scribe, Apprentice, Bard, General Helper with All the Things, Crossbow wielder, Walking Pell.
Roughly 10th century, Polish. Daughter of down-on-his-luck far traveling Merchant/Tinker turned Mercenary; opted to stay in Ireland with a young man who bought a piece of jewelry from her father and shyly presented it to her moments after. Now travels happily by his side, involving herself in everything she can get her hands on. (see Runi inn Irski)
Offices & Positions
- Minister of Arts & Sciences Barren Sands, 2018 to May 2019
- Minister of Arts & Sciences Caer Adamant, April 2019 to current
- Deputy Minister of Arts & Sciences Bhakail, April 2019 to current
- Bardic Champion Bhakail, 2019-2020
- Active East Kingdom Scribe
- Award of Arms, June 2018
- Order of the Harlequin, in recognition of excellence in the Arts and Sciences within the Barony of Bhakail, June 2019
- Flame(s) of Bhakail, Service tokens
- Kitchen Staff and Server : October 2017 Shire Wars
- Kitchen Staff: January 2018 String Thyng
- Head Cook (under the name Eirani inn Sporr) : January 2018 At the Sign of the Stag and Sparrow
- | Presented with a Spoon by the Baron and Baroness, promptly dubbed “Battle”
- Kitchen Staff : April 2018 Scribal Schola in the Shire
- Head Cook : May 2018 Hunter's Picnic
- Server : December, 2018 Bhakail Yule Revel XL
- Accidental Kitchen Staff : January 2019 At the Sign of the Cat and Dragon
- Deputy Autocrat and Bardic Entertainment Coordinator/Performer : March 2019 Fimbulwinter
- Merchant Coordinator : May 2019 Spring Crown
- Music Coordinator for Court: June 2019 Bhakail Commons, for the Last Court of HE Rowen.
- | Contrafacted and performed a short but poignant solo piece, to honor HE Rowen's future journeys, and to remind him that he will always be Bhakaili.
Projects and Current Doings
- Currently in training to be a combat archer. Uses a crossbow. Very excited about it.
- Currently in training to join in the fun of heavy list. Whacking people with sticks is cathartic!
- | Preferred forms are short sword and buckler, glaive, and sword and round shield.
- Under the tutelage and mentorship of THL Shoshana Gryffyth for the arts of Calligraphy and Illumination.
- | Displayed her scribal art for the first time at Mudthaw and K&Q A&S, 2019, with promising feedback.
- | Joined the East Kingdom College of Scribes in April, 2019.
- Under the tutelage and mentorship of Master Muin maqq Minain for the arts of metalsmithing and various other arts, sciences, and sundries.
- | Apprenticed to Master Muin as of January, 2019.
- Sings moderately well and is excited to dink out a few songs on multiple instruments, even though she can't read music or play any instruments past by ear. Has absolutely no rhythm and is disappointed by it; adopted by the Dark Bards and has been gleefully wreaking havoc on unsuspecting passerby since.
- | With much trepidation participated in her first Bardic Competition in January, 2019, and for her efforts was named the Bardic Champion of Bhakail.
- | Has lately been on a mission of self-growth, and may encourage anyone and everyone near her to start an impromptu concert, for no reason other than music is great!
- Painting, Inkwork, and Illumination
- Turning found objects into useful things
- Singing (Fach: Dramatic Contralto, non-operatic and with no formal training. You've been warned!)
- Musical Instruments (plays the flute, and is slowly learning cello, violin, and harp)
- Twiddling with flavors and spices
- Garment Construction
- Inkle Weaving
- Embroidery (although she has little patience for it)
Sparrows hold special meaning for Iriniia. For her, they symbolize adaptability, curiosity, productivity, creativity, joy in the simple things of life, and are fiercely protective of their flocks. They are also vindictive little buggers, and this delights her. Her colors are midnight blue, black, and silvery gray. Her scribal signature is a small, rotund black sparrow. Her metalwork signature is the same, with the addition of a black hand to represent her affiliation with and apprenticeship to Master Muin.
- Member of Taigh Ruadh, or "House of the Red". A loose family of mercenary Artisans and Bards, at one time a part of Anglesey.
- Member of the Gameday Taverne. A household full of Very Helpful People(tm) who live to serve and play games of all kinds.
In Case of Court
Please notify Lady Iriniia's spouse, Lord Runi inn Irski; he is excellent at keeping secrets and will make sure she is present and presentable to the Crown and their Representatives. If possible, please also notify THL Shoshana Gryffyth or Baroness Mari Clock van Hoorne, close friends of Iriniia, and much better at making sure she is presentable than Lord Runi. Master Muin maqq Minain should be consulted and notified of any court appearances as well.