Per saltire gules and argent, two gouttes de sang
|Award & Office Badges|
Lord Ibrahim ibn Musa bin Sulayman, al-Rashid (he/him) currently lives in the Canton of Whyt Wey in the Crown Province of Ostgardr. Most of his partipation in the SCA has centered arround A&S related activities, including teaching. He views himself as primarily a sewist/tailor, though his most involved A&S research to date has been related to nalbinding. Ibrahim has also "dabbled" with numerous other fiber arts, cooking, historical medicine, and historical fencing.
Ibrahim is a resident of 14th century al-Andalus (the era of Muslim rule in Spain). However, due to his enthusiasm for historical Spanish rapier fencing (also called la Verdadera Destreza) he occationally slides a bit forward in time to the Siglo de Oro (or golden century), the period of the Spanish Renaissance encompassing a bit more than 100 years of the late 16th and early 17th centuries.
Offices & Positions
- Southern Regional A&S Deputy, 2020 -
- Member of the Pennsic A&S Champions Team (alternate), 2018.
- Exchequer for the Canton of Whyt Whey, 2016 -
- Minister of Arts & Sciences for the Canton of Brokenbridge, 2011-2014
- Served twice as Ostgardr's Provincial A&S champion.
- Served once as Ostgardr's Fencing champion
- Served as the head cook for several events, including "The Coney Hop" in the Canton of Brokenbridge (see menu) and most recently for Ostgardr's "Seige of Granada" in 2019
- Participated in the Kingdom MoAS office's Consultation Table initative, providing advice to artisans about A&S projects.
- Judged at many A&S events, most recently including "Crown's A&S Champions", and "Artifacts of a Life" in 2019
- Taught A&S classes at numerious local events and baronial A&S nights, including teaching at every Pennsic he attended since at least 2010. Some of the classes he has taught include:
- Overview of medieval fashion
- Basic hand sewing
- Geometric clothing construction
- Pattern drafting (modern methods)
- Turban variations in al-Andalus
- Very Basic Nalbinding
- Egyptian nalbinding
- Romano-Egyptian socks
- Working with period recipes
- Historical food preservation methods
- Humoral theory
Ibrahim's A&S Blog can be found at https://pius-ponderings.blogspot.com/. Below are links to the collected posts in two of his major areas of focus. Most recently he has had a research paper published in the East Kingdom Gazette, May 2020. He also recently won the "best dressed" portion of a "By the Book Rapier Tournement" at Pennsic in 2019.
In case of court
While not hugely opposed to suprises, Ibrahim would prefer some advanced notice if he is to be called into court.