|Award & Office Badges|
Gunaimn Faol, as he chooses to call himself, appears to be your average galloglas at first look. His name follows no known conventions of the elite mercenary warriors who were principally members of the Norse-Gaelic clans of Scotland between the mid 13th century and late 16th century. But his manner and bearing mark him as one of these valuable mercenaries, as if he has learned his role by years of careful study. At times, Guinamn does not seem entirely familiar with human customs, though most of his 'mistakes' are harmless, if foolish. When vexed, Guinaimn might frown so deeply his teeth are bared or may growl when presented with a credible threat. He enjoys Norse wire-weaving and beer-drinking and is developing a skill in armor making and repair.
Gunaimn (pronounced goo-name) doesn’t speak much of his past, but once mentioned he was found orphaned at a young age from a battle near Ossory sometime around mid-11th century. He claims he spent his youth traveling with a band of fiann. A fiann is made up of landless young men and women, often young aristocrats who had not yet come into their inheritance of land. It is with this small, semi-independent warrior bands Gunaimn learned the arts of combat, until circumstances found him hired on as a “personal guard” for Lady Motte Nachfalter. Now he often roams in her company, but finds new friends and company a welcome introduction to this strange Society.
Guinaimn has a special weakness for rye whiskey and is allergic to fresh stone fruits, pears, and apples. He otherwise relishes grapes and bananas, meats of all varieties, and gnawing on gristly bones.
Offices & Positions
- Looking Pretty, Shire of Caer Adamant, 09/01/2018 to present
- Asking Pertinent Questions
- Creator of "The Miracle Whip" - a shot thrown so surprisingly fortuitous that his opponents are unsure where it came from and that perhaps it was an act of God!! A shot so blistering that tabards melt away into tatters in it's presence. (or perhaps an ongoing gag due to his disdain of certain mayonnaise products.)
- Voluntold Upon Request
Projects & Publications
- Frankenstein’s Armor, 04/30/2019
In Case of Court
- It’s recommended to have some sort of treat to bribe Guinaimn’s presence in court, but when in doubt, contact Motte Nachfalter.
- Guinamn requests it noted that this “biography” was provided under duress and transcribed by Motte Nachfalter and may contain embellishments.