Gregory Blount (OL) joined the SCA in 1984 in the Canton of Fenmere, Carolingia. He has subsequently lived in Atlantia (Isenfir), East (Rusted Woodlands), Atlantia, Outlands (Caerthe), Atlantia, West (Crosston, Mists), and currently lives 3/4 in the West and 1/4 in Carolingia. He was recognized as a Laurel for his skills and teaching in Music and Dance. He also received a PhD (Honorary) from the University of Atlantia in AS 36 (2001).
Gregory Blount is a music publisher in Elizabethan England, and an amateur musician and dancing master. You are probably familiar with his uncle, Edward Blount, a much more prolific publisher of Shakespeare and may other important books.
Offices & Positions
- Seneschal, Shire of Crosston, Mists, West, 2018-present
- Founding Chancelier, Atlantian Academie of Dance, 2000-2002
- Seneschal, Shire of Isenfir, Atlantia, 1999-2002 (ish)
- Dean of Dance, Pennsic (P48-P49) (Inshallah)
- Organizer of Dance (P27-P32)
In Case of Court
The story of Gregory's drive-by Laureling in 1999 is epic, and should never be repeated.
Gregory camps with Clan Lurkr at Pennsic (block N06).
- Countess Judith of Northumberland, OL (graduated)
- Lady Rowen ferch Rhys, Sudentorre, Atlantia
Greg currently works for the Event Horizon Telescope collaboration at Harvard.