Gregor von Medehem
Gregor von Medehem
|Awards: Order of Precedence|
Quarterly sable and gules, in bend two stags trippant argent.
|Award & Office Badges|
Gregor found the SCA in 2015 while looking for something else. His visit to a Tuesday practice in Malagentia (and an assortment of YouTube videos about Pennsic and Heavy List) has cascaded into not only a love of fighting but also period arts. Pronounced MAY-deh-hem.
Gregor is a mid-14th century German man and a patron of Saint Gertrude. He is a leatherworker by trade, but also owns the appropriate arms and armor to go to war should the Kingdom call.
- Squire to Matthew des Arden
- Student of Mistress Aneleda Falconbridge
- Member, House of the Crucible since September 2017
- Super Best Friends with Lady Embla Knutrdottir
- Member, Haus Wanderstamm since January 2020
- Heavy List Fighting
- Bardic Arts
- Period Cooking
- Period Camping and Garb
- Scribal Arts
Awards and Orders of Honor
- Order of the Silver Brooch, Panteria XXII and K&Q Archery and Equestrian Championships, Panther Vale. May 28, 2017
- Order of the Silver Tyger, Great Northeastern War, Malagentia. July 8, 2017
- The Order of the Troubadours, Etherial Court IX of the Eastern Consules, Tindal and Alberic April 2021
- The Order of the Maunche, Etherial Court, 2021
- Provincial Arts and Sciences Champion, Harvest Moon Malagentia, September 17, 2016
- Provincial Bardic Champion, Harvest Moon Malagentia, September 9, 2017
- Provincial Arts and Sciences Champion, Autumn Inspirations Malagentia, October 20, 2018
- Provincial Honors for Arts and Sciences, Autumn Inspirations Malagentia, October 20, 2018
- Award of Durga, Brennan mac Fearghus and Caoilfhionn inghean Fhaoláin, Pennsic 50, August 8, 2023
- Named Gregor Spearbreaker by Queen Caoilfhionn inghean Fhaoláin after Woods Battle, Pennsic 50, August 8, 2023
In Case of Peerage and Scroll Preference
I'd prefer any awards or recognitions to be a secret to me!
Although a 14th Century German persona, Gregor's mundane life is a mix of English and Irish heritage as well, so his scroll need not be restricted. My only wish for a scroll would be to have a touch (whether image or words) that directly reflect upon the persona I've developed in the SCA. It would be even greater if words were by Lord Nicol or Sir Matthew, and Illumination by one of the many talented scribes I am lucky to call friends (Embla, Collette, Camille, etc).