Gormlaith an Malagenteach
Gormlaith, May 2017
|Award & Office Badges|
Lady Gormlaith an Malagenteach has been involved with the SCA on and off for approximately 20 years. She received her Award of Arms with a different persona name (Cara ni Cheallaigh) in March of 1999 and a Companion of the Troubadour (also as Cara ni Cheallaigh) in October of 2000. She currently resides in the Riding of Ravensbridge, part of the Province of Malagentia, with her itty-bitty household, House Rockbottom.
Gormlaith was born in Munster (southwestern Ireland) in 974. She married a Saxon Ealdorman (a high-ranking commoner position) named Edward in 1004 and moved with him to Wessex. They have no children. Their home, Rockbottom Manor, was granted to them by then-King Aethelred, on the provision that they guard its nearby forests from such threats as poachers and Danes.
- A&S Competition Coordinator, Huginn & Muninn, 06/10/2017
- House Rockbottom
- East Kingdom Foresters Guild - sworn October 7, 2017, rank Novice
Activities & Interests
- Forestry & Outdoors Living
- Fiber Arts - including hand-stitching and vending stuffed toy Dragons at events
- Bardic Arts
- Music - plays recorder and sings alto
In Case of Court
- In the unlikely event of Court, advance notice is preferred, as I don't attend many RP events and would like my loved ones able to attend.
- Scrolls are wonderful. Practical items, either worn or for use in the woods or around camp, are even better.