Gaius Claudius Valerianus
Baron Gaius Claudius Valerianus
|Award & Office Badges|
Formerly known as Gnaeus Gaius Claudius Valarian, Gaius has been involved with the SCA since A.S. XXXIV (1999) when he first made a pilgrimage to the (formerly) Debatable Lands to witness the Pennsic War. Since then he has taken to the battlefield at numerous event across many kingdoms (well at least two), attended several events always working to spread Roman values wherever he may go. Adopted by Clan Blackhart, a coined Brother of the Black Rose, blooded brother of Rolling Thunder hailing from Thunder Mountain, and willful indentured servant of Clan Shadowood, Gaius has a home wherever he may roam from Rome.
Retired Roman soldier. First took up arms at Great North Eastern War, continued to expand martial involvement with several weapons forms including combat archery. Fought on the fields of the great Pennsic Wars and War Practice exercises in Aethelmearc. Took up arms and rocks (and severed heads) in the first Uncivil War. Fought along side Kings and Dukes at the War Practices in the Norther Region of the East. And a part of several other campaigns as a member of the Northern Army, Third Division. Now retired from the army life spending most time plying skills with metal. Casting, etching, designing, molding, a maker of things. Started with personal tokens and coins and badges for households. Followed by awards to be granted and given freely. On to coronets and crowns for respected friends. Making things, learning thing, and sharing the knowledge gained. Teaching classes to help involve more members into a budding local community of metal-smiths and craftsmen. Always happy to chat, share a tale or a glass with a friend and meet new ones along the way.
Offices & Positions
- Metalsmith to the Crown - Omega V & Etheldreda IV, 2015
- Metalsmith to the Crown - Honig and Ioannes, 2017
- Facilities Head, Great Northeastern War XXIII, July 2009
- Kitchen Staff, Tyger and Bucket Tavern, Malagentia, 2011-2016
- Kitchen Staff, Winter's Feast, Malagentia ( Multiple)
Projects & Publications
- Blog- project portfolio
- Metalsmithing and jewelry portfolio
- Winner Novice category 2018 St. Eligius Arts & Sciences Competition
- Winner Metal, Glass, Clay, & Wood category 2018 St. Eligius Arts & Sciences Competition
- Apprentice to Countess Ro Honig von Sommerfeldt
- Clan Blackhart
- Thunder Mountain
- Brother of the Black Rose
- Clan Shadowood
In Case of Court
- Please contact Countess Ro Honig von Sommerfeldt and Aurerliana Curva
- Giaus prefers surprises.