Fortune Sancte Keyne
Crown Tourney 2018
|Award & Office Badges|
Fortune is a simple Countess with simple tastes from the beautiful Shire of Quintavia.
Fortune served as Princess and then Queen of the East with Ôzurr to the Boot-Giver in AS 54.
An Älterdame of House Strangewayes which functionally means that she remembers when they all slept in one tent and how everyone takes their coffee.
At Fall Coronation in Concordia of the Snows, October 2015, she became a protégé to Master Dorio of the Oaks, Baron Stonemarche. Despite his passing in July 2018 he will always be her Pelican.
At Fall Crown Tourney in the Barony of Bergental in October 2017 she became an apprentice to Mistress Elizabeth Elenore Lovell. She was released from fealty exactly one year later upon becoming Princess, but Elizabeth continues to be a mentor.
Fortune began her SCA career by attending Great Northeastern War in 2006 out of spite, to prove to a friend, Simona bat Leon, that she wasn't going to like the SCA. Instead she got heatstroke, a sunburn, blisters, and a love of the East and the Society that has not stopped since. She has served as the Chatelaine of Quintavia, event steward for many events, retinue for several baronial heads as well as Royalty, Royal Wardrobe Mistress, and most recently as Royalty herself.
Fortune has been Event Steward for both the largest and smallest Coronations in East Kingdom history.
Her great loves are hosting parties and sewing clothing, preferably laughing while doing both.
A Venetian courtesan with a Welsh name.
The daughter of an Italian noblewoman and a Welsh fabric merchant, raised in Venice with her mother's family when her parents passed away when she was young. Having a noblewoman's education and skills, but not quite the position due to her father's dealing in trade and decidedly not suited for the cloistered life of the nunnery, Fortune found the best position for her was as one of Venice's famous courtesans.
As a cortigiana onesti, or honest courtesan, she hosts fabulous parties and holds salons for artists, poets, and politicians.
Fortune is widowed, probably, it has been some time since we've seen what's-his-name. He lived on the mainland anyway. She also spends much of her time educating others, and mentoring others who might follow the courtesan path.
Offices & Positions
- Chatelaine of Quintavia, July 2011 - November 2018
- Head Retainer (Central Region) - TRM Ioannes & Honig
- Wardrobe Mistress - Brennan III and Caoilfhionn III
- Princess of the East and Tir Mara - 2018
- Queen of the East - 2019
- Award of Arms- Coronation of Andreas IV and Gabrielle II - April 2009 (as Fortune St Tysilio)
- Companion of the Furison - Harper's Retreat 2012
- Keeper of the Light of Quintavia - Shire Yule 2012
- Queen's Award of Esteem - Black Rose Ball 2015
- Order of the Silver Brooch - Black Rose Ball 2016
- Order of the Burdened Tyger - K&Q Equestrian 2016
- Company of the Pennon - Gulf Wars 2017
- Queen's Cypher - Queen Anna - Spring Coronation 2017
- Court Barony - Panteria 2017
- Order of the Silver Crescent - GNEW 2017
- Order of the Maunche - Falling Leaves 2018
- Rose - Fall Coronation 2019
- Seamstress to the Baronessa of Stonemarche (Maria Pagani)
- Seamstress to their Majesties Edward and Marguerite
- Seamstress to their Majesties Edward II and Thyra
- Wardrobe Mistress to their Majesties Brennan III and Caoilfhionn III
- Autocrat Summer Coronation 2020 - under 25 attendees (broadcast on the East Kingdom YouTube)
- Head of Youth Point - East Kingdom 50 Year
- Autocrat Schola of Love 2017
- Autocrat Quintavia Yule 2016
- Autocrat Spring Coronation 2016 - 667 attendees!
- Autocrat Quintavia Yule 2015
- Autocrat for Simply Allegorical: A Masque in Venice November 15, 2014
- Co-Autocrat Stonemarche Baronial Birthday 2011
- Contrada Ferrari Captain for Palio di Stonemarche 2014, 2015, 2016
- Games Mistress Palio di Stonemarche 2017
Projects & Publications
- April 2015 I started a blog: http://fortunefavorsfabric.blogspot.com/
- Website with my class notes: http://sites.google.com/site/fortunesnotes/
- Quick and Dirty Viking Garb
- The Pilgrim Bag
- Late Period Venetian Women's Garb
- Period Italian Drawers (new for Pennsic 2015)
- Keep Thee From a Nunnery (new for Pennsic 2016)
- History of Kissing (new for Pennsic 2017)
- Viking Sailor Moon http://fortunefavorsfabric.blogspot.com/2015/04/pics-or-it-didnt-happen-viking-sailor.html