Fiore Leonetta Bardi
Nobildonna Fiore di Bardi (she/her)
Sable, a phoenix issuant from base Or, the flames charged with two needles in saltire sable.
|Award & Office Badges|
I am Nobildonna Fiore Leonetta Bardi (Fee-oh-re) also known as Fiore di Bardi (she/her). Primarily a costumer, I specialize in Florentine dress from the mid-1560s to ~1590, hand sewing, and embroidery. My area of interest includes research of life as an illegitimate woman in Florence, the Florentine Camerata, artifacts and practices for a noblewoman of this time -- including the practice of hunting and falconry in Florence, and Florentine textiles. I am increasingly interested in the people we try not to see and which most would have tried not to see even in the 16th-century, namely those of mixed race in Europe. Especially as a person of my personal lineage (I am of African, French, and Spanish descent)could easily have existed in 16th century Italy.
Motto: Penso e Creo
Preferred Title: Nobildonna (no-beel-dohn-nah)
Fiore Leonetta Bardi born in 1550 is the illegitimate daughter of Giovanni Bardi, Count of Florence and Lucrezia Guarini, a noblewoman of mixed race and musician in the Court of Ferrara. She lives as a ward of her father's court and studied music and letters within the Florentine Camerata. Fiore Leonetta Bardi is best known to history for her numerous violations of Florentine sumptuary law as relates to apparel and the frequency with which her father was called before the Medici court on her behalf. It is rumored that Fiore di Bardi was secretly married to a German and may have given birth to a child of that union. The origin and veracity of these claims remain unknown, however, it is extremely unlikely that Signorina Fiore would have had to resort to such a union given her maternal dowry in the amount of 8000 florins. Fiore's pursuit of papal legitimacy continued throughout her father's lifetime.
Laurel: Maestra Francesca di Pavia mka Meg Baron (Kingdom of the Outlands);
Guild: Keeper of Athena's Thimble, Craftsman;
Guild: Needleworkers Guild of Carolingia, Guildmistress;
Martial: Carolingian Company of Bowman;
Offices & Positions
- Deputy Minister of Rubric and Competition, Ministry of Arts and Sciences, East Kingdom, present;
- Consort's Arts and Sciences Champion, East Kingdom, present;
- Chancellor Minor, Barony of Carolingia, present;
- Guildmistress, Carolingian Needleworkers Guild, present;
- Arts and Sciences Champion, Kingdom of the Outlands, 2009-2010;
- Guildmistress, Embroiderers' Guild, Barony of Caer Galen, 2008-2011;
- Deputy Seneschal, Barony of Caer Galen (Outlands), 2008-2010
- Family Point Coordinator, Falling Leaves in Exile, September 14, 2019 (Carolingia)
- Family Point Coordinator, Otter's Welcome, May 11, 2019 (Carolingia)
- Autocrat, A Weekend at the Florentine Camerata, March 20-22, 2009 (Barony of Caer Galen, Outlands)
In Case of Court
Please contact Lord Frithuric Ulman (email@example.com) and Baroness Arlyana von Wyck (firstname.lastname@example.org)
I am happy to acknowledge Ethereal Court as Actual Court and accept all that might transpire in-person, in that forum. Lord Frithuric holds my ICOP.