Erhart von Stuttgart
|Award & Office Badges|
Master Erhart von Stuttgart (often called "Eric") is an early 16th century German mercenary, or Landsknecht. As a member of the Barony of Carillion, he proudly fought for and served his Baron and Baroness, the late Lord Cosimo de Signorelli (Cosmo of Carillion) and Mistress Kis Maria. Now living in the Shire of Barren Sands, he is happy to help this group continue to grow and thrive.
Offices & Positions
- Kingdom Chatelaine, 3/2015 to 3/2017;
- Deputy Chatelaine-Southern Region, 4/2013 to 3/2015;
- Minister of the List, Barony of Carillion, 3/2013 to 10/2013;
- Seneschal of the Barony of Carillion, 9/2010-1/2013;
- Seneschal of the Canton of the Keep by the Endless Sea, 2008-2010;
- Deputy Exchequer, Barony of Carillion, 2006-2008;
- Retainer, Andreas IV.
- Event Steward/Autocrat, KQAS, 2/2016;
- Organizer, Wheaton Arts Demo, 6/2015;
- Organizer, Wheaton Arts Demo, 6/2014;
- Marshall, SRWC, 6/2015;
- Marshall, 100 Minutes, 11/2014;
- Marshall, SRWC, 6/2014;
- Marshall, 100 Minutes, 11/2013;
- Marshall, SRWC, 6/1/2013;
- Troll staff and list runner, Crown Tourney, 4/27/2013;
- MoL, Coronation, 4/2013;
- Co-organizer, Runnymeade Dinner, Pennsic XLI, 2012;
- Marshall, Inspection Point, Pennsic XLI;
- Field Marshall, NRWC (RP), 6/12;
- Assistant Marshall in Charge, SRWC (RP), 6/12;
- Marshall, Mudthaw (RP), 3/12;
- Event Staff, 12th Night (RP), 1/12;
- Kitchen Staff, Bhakail Yule (RP), 12/11;
- Kitchen Staff, Artisan's Challenge. 11/11;
- Children's Fete Volunteer, Pennsic XL;
- Event Staff, Southern Region War Camp (RP), 5/11;
- Reservation Clerk, Bellringers, 1/11;
- Autocrat, West Windsor Faire, 2008;
- Autocrat, West Windsor Faire, 2007;
- Autocrat, Celtic Winter Games, 2007.
- Autocrat, West Windsor Faire, 2006;
- Dishwasher, heavy lifter, set-up and break-down staff as needed.
Honors and Awards
- Companion of the Order of the Maunche, 10/2016
- Companion of the Order of the Pelican, 6/2016
- Winner, Traditional Category (for brass pins), St. Eligius Competition, 11/2015;
- Companion Kings Order of Excellence, Omega, 9/2015;
- Companion of the Order of the Silver Crescent, 8/2012;
- Companion of the Order of the Larum Bell (Carillion), 8/2012;
- Heavy Weapons Champion, Barony of Carillion, 10/2010 to 10/2011;
- Companion of the Order of the Sable Bell (Carillion), 8/09;
- Award of Arms, 11/08;
- Carillion Chime.
- My area of interest and research is "small metal bits"- dress accessories, of the 14th through 16th centuries, specifically brass pins.
- new Baronial chairs for Bhakail (in progress);
- Heraldic boxes for Runnymeade Dinner, Pennsic XLI;
- Silk banners for baronial Heavy Weapons Champion;
- Hand-made Bronze needles for Athena's Thimble Triathlon prizes;
- Hand-made bronze needles for Queens' Tea Favors, Pennsic XL.
- Designed awards for GGG, 10/2011.
- Painted Kingdom Server tabards, 9/2011.
I am a devoted member of House Grog, and routinely assist in the brewing arts.
I am a former protege of Master Rupert the Unbalanced.
I also dabble in several Art forms, including period armor construction, as well as period wood working, having made benches, trestle tables, and 6-board boxes. I also make bronze needles, pins, and hooks and eyes, for use by seamstresses and embroiderers. My wife thinks I am a skilled painter, and I frequently personalize my wooden gifts with the recipient's heraldry.