Emeline la Chauciere
My husband Phelippe le Vigneron and I receiving our Awards of Arms
Per pale azure and gules, in saltire four bouquets of rosemary conjoined at the base argent
|Award & Office Badges|
I discovered the SCA many years ago as a mundane theatrical costume and set designer working on a period production of Hamlet. I needed period clothing patterns from which to drape the costumes, and I was informed that someone in the SCA could point me in the right direction. They did and my interest was piqued. It wasn't until almost ten years later that I followed up and attended my first event-- an Artisans Row event in the Shire of Hartshorn-dale in the Spring of 2016. My husband, Phelippe le Vigneron, and I have been in love ever since.
Emeline la Chauciere (mka Bethanie Watson) lives with her husband Phelippe le Vigneron on their 14th century estate outside of Chinon where they grow grapes for wine in the gentle hills of western France.
Areas of Interest
I am devoted to developing as a scribe by furthering my calligraphy and illumination skills. I also enjoy archery, embroidery, gardening, and am studying herbalism. Lately, a good deal of my time is devoted to garb making for myself and husband.
Awards and Offices
- Order of the Silver Brooch (East Kingdom Ethereal Court September 2020)
- Order of the Silver Crescent (February 2020 - Queen's and Crown Bardic Championship)
- Queen's Order of Courtesy (September 2018 - Ducal Challenge)
- Chatelaine of the Barony of Settmour Swamp (July 2018 - present)
- Deputy Chatelaine of the Barony of Settmour Swamp
- Golden Lyre
- Member of Athena's Thimble
- Order of the Ivory Tower, Settmour Swamp's Arts and Sciences Award (Pennsic XLVII)
- Order of the Bronze Tower, Settmour Swamp's Service Award (Pennsic XLVIII)
- In Case of Court: I am happy to be surprised but would like for my husband Phelippe le Vigneron to be present. He is a good contact to ensure that I will be at an event or if any information is needed. Emeline is also happy to receive awards virtually through ethereal court.
- Please check out our blog at EmelineAndPhelippeSCAblog.com
- Preferred Pronouns: She/Her