Difference between revisions of "Elysabeth Underhill"
|Line 73:||Line 73:|
Revision as of 18:39, 10 September 2019
Per pale Or and vert, a chevron counterchanged and in canton a cinquefoil vert
|Award & Office Badges|
Elysabeth Underhill (Lissa) used to be a working class woman from the mid-late 1500's England. However, she has not had a set persona for a while now, and you are as likely as not to see her running arround in early period garb.
Please know that Lissa is always happy to teach her art, or to provide advice about A&S projects, research strategies, documentation, research papers, and A&S competitions. Mundanely, she is an academic librarian. Teaching and mentoring in the SCA is extremely important to her, and something she is comfortable doing, so please do not hesistate to ask if you think she can help. Lissa tends to be a bit busy/preoccupied at events, so contacting her via facebook (Lissa Underhill) or through e-mail (email@example.com) might be the best way to get in touch.
AWARDS & HONORS
- Order of the Laurel (2016)
- Queens Arts and Sciences Champion (2016)
- Award of the Golden Lyre (2015)
- Arts and Sciences Champion of Bhakail (2015 & 2011)
- Order of the Silver Crescent (2013)
- Order of the Silver Rapier (2012)
- Order of the Maunche (2011)
- Order of the Harlequin Bhakail (2011)
- Order of the Salamander (Bhakail (2007)
- Lady's Rapier Champion of Bhakail (n.d.)
- Rapier Champion of Carillion (n.d.)
- Award of Arms (2005)
- Berrick Grayveson (spouse)
- Aibhilin inghean Ui Phaidin (apprentice)
- Doroga Voronin (apprentice)
- Tadcaster Militia (household)
- Former Protégée to Mistress Marion del Okes
- Former Student to Mistress Brunissende Dragonette (Bruni)
- Kingdom Minister of A&S, 2019
- EK Gazette, Research Article Curator, 2019
- EK Gazette, staff, 2018
- Kingdom Deputy Minister of A&S, 2018
- Kingdom A&S Special Deputy, 2017
- Coordinator, Glass Days at Pennsic Artisans Row, 2017
- Deputy A&S Minister (Hartshorn-dale), 2017-present
- Class & Poster Coordinator, Theleme at Penn (Bhakail), Bailiwick of Ivyeinrust, 2016
- Co-Autocrat & Coordinator for Villages and Classes Artisan's Village (Hartshorn-dale), 2016
- Deputy Autocrat and A&S coordinator, May-be Event (Iron Bog), 2015
- Challenge Coordinator, Artisans' Village, (Bhakail) 2015
- Secretary, (Hartshorn-dale), 2014-2016
- Copy Editor for the Creative Anachronist 2014-15
- Chancellor of the East Kingdom University, 2011-2013
- Class Coordinator, Known World Rapier/Costume Symposium,(Bhakail), 2009
- Class Coordinator, Noisemakers Schola, several years running (Bhakail)
- Ran Dayboard, Noisemakers Schola in 2013 (Bhakail)
- Cooked in the kitchen at multiple events.
- Former Rapier Marshal at Large
My art is the making of glass beads. While I have made beads from many time periods, much of my focus has been on recreating Anglo-Saxon Glass beads and conducing research on the social meaning and significance of glass beads in that society. With the help of friends, I have also researched, reconstructed, and made beads on a period appropriate bead furnace.
A&S Blog: https://historicglassbeads.wordpress.com
Over the past several years, I have also begun taking ceramic classes at the university where I work, and reading and researching about historic pottery.