|This article is a stub. You can help the East Kingdom wiki by expanding it.|
Don't know what information to put? See our Templates Page.
See Template_talk:Populace for full suggested contents.
Baroness Elizabeth Talbot readies for Pennsic Court
|Resides: Barony of Settmour Swamp|
|Awards: Order of Precedence|
|Award & Office Badges|
|Laurel, Barony, Maunche, Silver Crescent, Companion of the Mud, Order of the Bronze Tower, Order of the Seahorse|
Elizabeth Talbot comes from the Gendy tradition of service to the Crown. Some of this service has been rendered by practicing administrative talents at Pennsic and to her local groups, the March of the Marshes, the March of Gwyntarian, the Crown Province of Ostgardr, and now the Barony of Settmour Swamp. Some of this service has been sewing for the Crowns of the Midrealm, the East, and Aethelmearc. She has taught classes in the East, Midrealm, and Aethelmearc, and many at Pennsic.
Elizabeth is excited by learning new histories, elegantly written documents, beautifully made garments, the excitement of shared discovery, and tales told with warmth and humor. Oh, and cookies. She appreciates a good cookie. And makes a decent one.
Elizabeth Talbot was born sometime around 1500 in the north of England. Her father was a younger son of the Talbot family who met her Irish mother while on campaign there. She has so far survived the complicated politics of both Eastern and Tudor courts, and still is called to court to serve the Queen from time to time.
She is the Principle of the Atelier d'Ibis Escarlate, a tailoring and embroidery workshop of notable skill and lineage. She learned about the Society while studying in the Midrealm, and moved to the East to complete them with Masters in Ostgardr. She was the first apprentice to both Mistress Roen la Denteliere and Vicereine Katherine of Gillesfleur of Ostgardr. She continues their traditions of fine tailoring, exquisite needlework, and creative problem solving and has taught her skills to students who have graced the Eastern, Midrealm, and Aethelmearc Courts.
These are the noble folk whom Elizabeth has been honored to mentor in apprenticeships (in order of contract, not elevation):
- Mistress Caterina Giaocchini
- Mistress Anne Greye
- Baron Tofi Kerthjalfaddson
- Baroness Kamilla von Anderlecht
- Mistress Muriel de Chimay
- Mistress Briony of Chatham (fostered from Baroness Cassadoria Finiala)
- Mistress Marguerite d'Honnfleur
- Mistress Vika Grigina z Prahy (mentor, merely)
- Mistress Elizabet Marshall (fostered and shared with Mistress Gabrielle d'Outre Mer)
Offices & Positions
- Seneschal of incipient Shire of Obersgarth, Fall 1982 to May 1983
- Seneschal of incipient March of the Marches, Fall 1985 to May 1987
- Officer of the Crown Province of Ostgardr, Fall 1989 to Spring 1997?
(in that time, served as Chatelaine, Mistress of Arts & Sciences, and Deputy Seneschal, serially.)
- Mistress of Arts & Sciences, Barony of Settmour Swamp, March 2020 to current
- Autocrat, Shakespeare's Birthday, incipient Shire of Obersgarth, April 23, 1983
- Autocrat, March of the Marshes Spring Celebration, incipient March of the Marshes, April 21, 1986
- Deputy Autocrat, Celtic Silliness, Ostgardr, April 1, 1989
- Head of Arts & Sciences/Cultural Affairs for Pennsic XXV
- Head of Troll, Black Gryphon Inn XVIII, April 22, 2018
- Head of Troll, Quest for Wit & Wisdom XXXIII, May 26-29, 2017
- Event Co-steward, Virtual Mudthaw (XL): Mudthaw Through the Ages, March 20, 2021
- Event Steward, Leonardo's Quest for Wit & Wisdom XXXVII, May 27-30, 2022
Nobles and special occasions she has sewn for
- Gown (part) for Katherine of Sternfeld I (Midrealm), Pennsic War Horn Ceremony, Pennsic ?, August, 1985
- Gambeson for Ronald Wilmot II, April 1990
- Gown for Margaret ny Connor, Great Court, Pennsic ?, August 1992
- Summer wardrobe for Jana von Drachenklaue I, Pennsic?, August 1993
- Gown (part) for Christence von Heiseler I, Twelfth Night, 1994
- Investiture outfits for Countess Amsha al-Sirhan & Bartholomew the Bewildered, for Baroness & Baron of Carillion, February 1995
- Ceremonial surcoat for Vicereine Katherine of Gillesfleur, Ostgardr, Fall 1996?
- Gown (part) for Geneviere d'Alsace, April 2004
- Gown (part) for Brenwen the Faire I, Spring 2008
- Gown (taught and fit royal household for Coronation style) for Brenwen the Faire II, Spring 2009
- Outfit for Wilhelm von Ostenbrucke, Coronation, September 2018
- Gown for Margarita di Siena, (planned for Gulf Wars), Spring 2020
- Investiture outfits for Charis Accipiter and Orlando Sforza, for Baroness & Baron Settmour Swamp, Spring 2021
- List in Chronological order, oldest to newest
In Case of Court
Elizabeth Talbot is a Maid of Honour to Her Grace, Katherine, Princess of Spain, and Queen of England. It is meet that communication with her be in appropriate form as that of all correspondence within and about the Court of His Majestie, Defender of the Faith, Henry, by the Grace of God, VIIIth of that name. She herself writes fair batarde, italic, and secretary hands, as should a gentlewoman of education and rank. All may address her as she, or her.
Should communication in advance of an event be required, Baroness Talbot asks that it be directed to Mistress Vika Grigina. Her Excellency likely need not be concerned with it until Their Tyger Majesties call her within Their Fearsome Presence. Elizabeth likes (good) surprises.