East Kingdom Brewers' Guild
The Ancient and Venerable Order of Brewers, Vintners and Meadmakers of the East Kingdom
There being no organization in the Kingdom of the East devoted to the advancement of the art and science of producing medieval drinkables, we petition the Crown of the East to charter an East Kingdom Brewers Guild.
Our craft to be defined as the brewing, vintning, distilling, and compounding of period alcoholic drinkables.
Our guild exists to teach the craft, to spread camaraderie, inspiration, and thus information, and to aid in the judging and acknowledgment of those in the craft.
Our Aims are:
- To bind our members with a tie of true and lasting friendship.
- To strive for the advancement of our craft as both a science and as an art.
- To aid our members by every honorable means in the attainment of their ambitions in our craft throughout their mortal lives.
- To serve the Kingdom and its members as it can in competitions and education.
The guild is to be governed by the Guildmaster and guild bylaws.
Thus we ask Their Most Royal Highnesses, Ronald and Bronwyn to approve and bless our humble guild.
This at the Schola in Summer, held in the Barony of Settmour Swamp on the 26th of July, A.S. XXI.
Most of the EK Brewer Guild Events happen in conjunction with other local events already happening. The Guilde has 2 kinds of events:
1) Competitions- held at most camping events. Brewers from all walks of life enter their potables and through a criteria of judging, the scores are tallied and the winner of each category is announced at the end of the event.
2) Panelling- Brewers enter their potable with documentation and process information where the beverage is judged for its historical basis, processes and conclusive result. Scores of specific levels allow the brewer to advance through the East Kingdom Brewer's Guilde rankings (Member, Novice, Journeyman, Craftsman, Master, Grand Master)
Each year the East Kingdom Brewer's Guilde holds their Collegium. This is a Brewer specific event where classes are held along with Panelling opportunities and research into period beverages. In recent history the Collegium rotates from North-South every year.
2012- Barony of Endewearde
2013- Shire of Frosted Hills
2014- Barony of Stonemarche
2015- Shire of Frosted Hills (Cancelled)
2016- Barony Beyond the Bridge/Needingham Faire
2017- Barony of Stonemarche
2018- Canton of Northpass
2019- Barony of Stonemarche
2020- Canton of Northpass (Deferred to Barony of the Bridge /A Weekend At Ram's Keep)(cancelled due to Covid)
Being a college in good standing with the Crown of the East, and to facilitate the collection of taxes, dues, bribes, tribute, or other such payments as are required of the Guild, the Guild maintains a complete and thorough ledger of all works produced and distributed by its Members throughout this Kingdom and any Kingdom to where our wares may travel.
Those who wish to view our records are welcome to do so.
- Guildmaster: Braumeister Otto Gottlieb
- Deputy Guildmaster/mistress: <vacant>
- Tira Mara Region Guild Warden: Lord Hugh Of Ruantallan
- Northern Region Guild Warden: Pan Kythe Szubielka
- Central Region Guild Warden: Lord John Kelton of Greyhorn
- Southern Region Guild Warden: Maistir Mael Eoin mac Echuid
Former Guild Masters/Mistresses
- Master Magnús hvalmagi Fall 2016-Summer 2021
- Mistress Sylvia du Vey Spring 2012- Fall 2016
- Baroness Mistress Suzanne Neuber de Londres Spring 2002- Spring 2012
- Zillah al Sighira al Hurra Fall 2019-Summer 2021/South
- Baron Fergus Redmead Spring 2012- Fall 2016/Central
- Sir Ysunnge Altan Spring 2012- Spring 2017/ Tir Mara
- Baron William Graham June 2012-Fall 2019/South
See the website (listed below) for the complete list of guild members.
Indicating Your Interest or Participation
Add [[Category:Brewing]] to your personal wiki page to indicate your interest or membership in this guild.
This guild covers the following categories.
- Category:Brewers' Guild Panels
- Category:East Kingdom Brewing
- Category:Proceedings of the East Kingdom Brewers' Guild
- Category:Division 1: Ales, Beer, Braggot, Lambic, Stout
- Category:Division 2: Mead, Hydomel, Melomel, Metheglins
- Category:Division 3: Cider, Cyser, Perry, Pyment
- Category:Division 4: Wines, Hypocrats, Fortified
- Category:Division 5: Liqueurs, Cordials and Medicinal Brews, Distillation (if legally permitted)
- Category:Division 6: Non-Alcoholic and Unique
- Category:Chinese Brewing
- Category:Dutch Brewing
- Category:English Brewing
- Category:Islamic Brewing
- Category:Italian Brewing
- Category:Roman Brewing
- Category:Scandinavian Brewing
- Category:Spanish Brewing
By Time Period
- Category:Antiquarian Brewing
- Category:Early Middle Ages Brewing
- Category:Early Modern Brewing
- Category:Late Middle Ages Brewing
- Category:Renaissance Brewing
|Society-Wide Guilds: Gilded Pearl, Known World Aviculturists Guild, Known World Players, Saint Bavon's Company of Falconry|
|East Kingdom Royal Guilds: Arachne's Web Lace Guild, East Kingdom Brewers' Guild, East Kingdom Foresters Guild, East Kingdom Blacksmiths Guild, East Kingdom Royal College of Performers, Keepers of Athena's Thimble, Worshipful Company of Narrowworkers, Worshipful Company of Stationers, Guild of the Outstretched Hand|
|Non-Royal Kingdom Guilds: Company of the Sable Domino, Ffeleshyppe for the Defensioun and Precervacioun of le Urchion, Guild of Saint Luke, Guild of St. Mark, Herbalists' and Apothecaries' Guild, Metalsmiths' Guild, Random Dishrag Bardic Guild, Soothsayers' Guild, Worshipful Company of Their Majesties Underwear|
|Local Guilds: Carolingian Calivers, Carolingian Company of Bowmen, Endewearde Brewers' Guild, Gratuitous Lily Guild, Low Company of Gamesters and Gamblers, Malagentian Players, North Tower Infantry, The Smoking Bridge Guild of Libation Brewers|
|Former Guilds: East Kingdom Cook's Guild|