Eadgyth aet Staeningum
Eadgyth æt Stæningum
photo by Cateline la Broderesse
(Fieldless) On a broken-back seax argent a flax stem vert flowered azure
|Award & Office Badges|
Lady Eadgyth æt Stæningum is a teacher and mentor, a thrown weapons marshal, a lucet corder, and a person with a nitpicky sort of brain which she mostly tries to make useful in good service. Or shenanigans. Or both, at the same time.
Eadgyth is a Saxon living in the latter half of the 11th century, in the southern coastal river-port town currently known as Steyning.
Offices & Positions
- Clerk of Laws, East Kingdom (Seneschal's staff), September 2011 -present
- Chronicler, Barony of Carolingia, November 2011 -present
- Barony TW Marshal, Carolingia, September 2012 – March 2015
- Scorekeeper, EK Thrown Weapons Royal Rounds, February 2013 -present
- TW Central Region Deputy Marshal, East Kingdom, January 2016 -present
- Entertainment Coordinator, Fall Coronation, Carolingia, September 2008
- Gatekeeper, Frostbite Tourney & Revel, Carolingia, January 2010
- Gatekeeper, Carolingia 40th Anniversary, April 2011
- Entertainment Coordinator, Carolingia Baronial Investiture, May 2012
- Deputy Autocrat, EK Thrown Weapons University, September 2012
- TW Marshal-in-Charge, Carolingia Family Day, May 2014
- Registrar+Gatekeeper, Carolingia Baronial Investiture, April 2015
- Autocrat, Carolingia Baronial TW & Archery Champions Tourneys, August 2015
- TW Marshal-in-Charge, GNEW, July 2016
- Autocrat-Mentor, Carolingia Baronial TW & Archery Champions Tourneys, August 2016
- Registrar+Gatekeeper, Laurels' Prize Tourney, Carolingia, March 2017
Projects & Publications
- Lucet Cording: I teach classes at all skill levels, at local events, EK events, Pennsic, and once at the Æthelmearc FFF event.
(Resource page for lucet corders )
- While teaching at Pennsic 44, I figured out a technique for four-strand lucet cord (on a two-horn lucet) which I also teach.
(Four-strand lucet cord )
- Thrown Weapons – Event Range Planning , presented as part of the Pennsic TW Marshal-in-Training curriculum, ongoing
- Basics of Running a Gate , class taught at EK Service University 2016, Pennsic 45, Pennsic 46
- Best Practice Recommendations for Transitions of Office , class taught at EK Service University 2016, and Pennsic 45
In Case of Court
- Please contact Colin MacKenzie and Florian of the Glen.
- Please do not surprise me, it makes me stressed and uncomfortable.
- Please summon to RP event in advance or use a writ.