Doucette de Verdun
Doucette de Verdun with her horse Wilhelm at Acorns & Pearls 2008. Photo credit Master Liam St. Liam
|Resides: Shire of Hartshorn-dale|
Ermine, a horse couchant gules within a bordure counter-compony gules and argent
|Award & Office Badges|
|01/24/2009 Grant of Arms, Court Baroness; 10/18/2008 Companion of the Silver Crescent; 02/05/2005 Award of Arms; Golden Tyger|
Southern Region Equestrian Marshal
Baroness Doucette de Verdun resides in the East Kingdom and enjoys SCA Equestrian activities and serving as a retainer. She devotes most of her time in the SCA to equestrian activities, both marshaling and competing. She also participates in sewing and fiber arts and occasionally helps with feasts.
Doucette hails from the northeastern (Alsace-Lorraine) region of France in the 14th century. Her family farms the fields outside the town of Verdun.
Offices & Positions
Regional Equestrian Marshal, East Kingdom Southern Region, December 2007 - present
Deputy Administrator, Interkingdom Equestrian Competition, May 2010 - present
- Deputy Equestrian Marshal-in-Charge to Mistress Eleanor fitzPatrick, Bawdy Barony Tavern in the Barony of Iron Bog, June 1-3, 2007
- Equestrian Marshal-in-Charge, Warrior's Naadam in the Crown Province of Ostgardr, October 19-21, 2007
- Equestrian Marshal-in-Charge, Warrior's Naadam in the Crown Province of Ostgardr, October 2008
- Equestrian Marshal-in-Charge, Mountain Confederation Ladies' Champion in the Shire of Eisental, May 1-3, 2009
- Deputy Equestrian Marshal-in-Charge to Mistress Ellen du Grandchamp, Northern Region War Camp in the Shire of Glenn Linn, July 2-5, 2009
- Equestrian Marshal-in-Charge, River Wars in the Barony of Iron Bog, September 25-27, 2009
- Equestrian Marshal-in-Charge, Warrior's Naadam in the Crown Province of Ostgardr, October 9-11, 2009
Projects & Publications
Doucette is a protege to Duchess Katherine Stanhope.
Doucette has celiac disease (gluten intolerance) and is committed to trying to help others to meet the challenges of traveling, camping and feasting while avoiding gluten in their diets.
Other people's memories of the individual. Stories to be suitable for general audiences.
Doucette has an SCA-Equestrian related website at middleages.chestnutmares.org which is updated sporadically.