Mistress Deirdre in her Pelican Cap
Argent, a billet gules pierced by a needle fesswise, on a chief azure three weaver's tablets argent
|Award & Office Badges|
Mistress Deirdre Planchet, Baroness of Stonemarche, has been playing in the SCA since 1984. She was moving around pretty continuously between 1992 and 2001, before landing right back where she started in Stonemarche. While living in Ansteorra she received the Order of the Sable Comet (Outstanding Service to a Shire). Before becoming Baroness she could be found behind Gate, on the archery field or stewarding around her grandson, Iddo of Stonemarche. She was briefly a protege to Mistress Megan ni Laine, before being elevated to Pelican at Great Northeastern War in A.S. 50 for her work in modifying the Gate process at The Market Day at Birka, as well as years of service.
As Baroness, she finds that she goes all over the place and does her best to promote the talents of the Stonemarche populous. On occasion she is depicted as a llama in a weekly comic by Lord Ruadh Cruidh MacFrode.
Mistress Deirdre Planchet is a transplanted Celtic woman living in 12th century Normandy. She can be found, like Penelope of antiquity, weaving and un-weaving as she awaits a husband gone Crusading, never to return.
Offices & Positions
- Exchequer, Stonemarche, back when rocks were soft, but ending in 1992.
- Exechequer, Shire of Shadowlands, Ansteorra, '92-'94 ish.
- Exchequer, Stonemarche, 2008 - 2015
- North Region Deputy Exchequer (ME, NH, VT), 2017 - present
- Baroness of Stonemarche, Birka 2019 - present
- Autocrat, Monthly Meeting/Feast, Stonemarche, 1990
- Drop Dead Autocrat of Birka 3, 1992
- Gate Staff, Birka, at least 2006 and 2007
- Gate Head, Pretty much All Stonemarche events, from 2008 to 2015.
- Gate Staff, Birka, 2016, 2017, 2018
- I have a daily blog where I talk about what makes me happy, so the SCA is a pretty constant talking point on there. 
In Case of Court
Please contact her daughter, Baron Keziah Planchet.
House Mom of "Tamooj's Household" from 1984 to about 1993-ish, when the household dissolved as the family continued to move around the country. 2006 to present, Member of House Case del Sole. One of the founding members of House Polaris, 2018 to present.