Corotica merkka Senebelenae
|This article is a stub. You can help the East Kingdom wiki by expanding it.|
Don't know what information to put? See our Templates Page.
See Template_talk:Populace for full suggested contents.
Corotica merkkā Senebelenae (Clovis)
Per chevron gules and sable, a wolf courant and a wheat stalk argent
|Award & Office Badges|
Corotica merkkā Senebelenae (Clovis)
Forester, fighter, fisher, artist, cook, middling crafter, and equestrian.
- Clanne Preachain: Preachain (Household)
- Fir naLeon (Household)
- watch this space ;)
- East Kingdom Running with Scissors stabbygirl.
Guild and Group Memberships
- Shire of Mountain Freehold
- Forester East Kingdom Royal Foresters Guild and Atlantian Royal Forestry Guild
- East Kingdom Brewers Guild
- Stonemarche Apothecary Guild
- Known World Courtesans
Awards and Recognition
- Winner of Early Period A&S Competition for "Moretum", Mimir’s Well 2020, populace vote
- Silver Tyger, Mimir’s Well 2020
- Silver Brooch, Panteria 2018
- Award of Arms, Panteria 2018
- GrandWarden of Atlantia, Atlantia Royal Forestry Guild
- Forester: East Kingdom Royal Foresters Guild
- Ranger: East Kingdom Royal Foresters Guild, Order of Saint Hubert
Clovis is a member of the Silures tribe in Southern Wales.
I bounce between Bronze, Iron Age/Pre-Roman British, and a Romano-Britain Persona.
Offices & Positions
- Keeper of Mountain Freehold: East Kingdom Royal Forester Guild October 2019 - Present
- Chief Ranger of the Western Marches: East Kingdom Royal Forester Guild October 2019 - Present
- Founder, Warden of Atlantia and Warden of the North, for the Kingdom of Atlantia Royal Forestry Guild, 10/2016 - 10/2017.
- Autocrat, Feast of Fools, Shire of Mountain Freehold, 04/25/2020
- Autocrat, Feast of Fools, Shire of Mountain Freehold, 04/13/2019
- Co-Host with Lady Katherine Slough, Feast of Fools, Shire of Mountain Freehold, 04/15/2018
- Co-Host, various Mountain Freehold Foresters Guild meetups/events
Projects & Publications
- Recreating Columella's Moretum, from de re Rustica (On Agricuture)
- Forester kit and garb appropriate to my persona
- Soft and Fighter kit appropriate to my persona
Fishbat and sheath/ Bat and Sheath by Vindorix "Black Finn" Ordovix, art and leather tooling by me. The design is from a bronze scabbard uncovered in Isleham, Cambridgeshire and dated to the second/first century BCE. Original at The British Museum
- Natural dyed fabrics, from left to right: plain linen, madder dyed linen, walnut dyed linen, walnut dyed tropical weight wool
- Period cooking using period methods, focusing on Pre Roman period and Romano-Celtic Briton
- Shield Painting, primitive pottery, carving and ash basket, silly deliberately bad photoshop for a brewing experiment (cock ale) and other stuff.
In Case of Court
Please inform my husband, Vindiorix "Black Finn" Ordovik (Justin Davis) if I need to attend court. Justin can be reached through Facebook.
- 2 Man Spear Clinic. Mimir's Well, 5/7/2020
- Cooking with Corotica and Columella: Making Columella's "Moretum". Mimir's Well, 5/7/2020
- Domestic Fires and Wild Foods(V2, Pennsic Boogaloo). Co-taught with Vindiorix "Black Finn" Ordovik ap Preachain, Early Period A&S in Clanne Preachain, Pennsic 48, Page 9 of the Friday August 9 Pennsic Independent
- Primitive cooking in a firepit. Panteria, 5/24-27/2019
- Children's class, Firestarting with flint and steel. Panteria, 5/24-27/2019
- Clay-wrapped cooking. Mimir's Well, 2/9/2019
- Tracking 101 exercise. Foresters Guild event, 10/21/2019
- A Romano-Celtic Cena. Co-taught with Black Finn ap Preachain, The Endewearde Hunt 10/5-8/2018
- Domestic Fires and Wild Foods. Co-taught with Vindorix "Black Finn" Ordowik ap Preachain, Panteria, 5/25-28/2018
- Primitive Lamps. Mimir's Well, 2/24/2018
In mundane life I am Jennifer Davis, a project manager, artist, and outdoors enthusiast. I have been in the SCA since 2009 as a heavy fighter, but only really became active starting in 2017 when I moved to the East Kingdom/Shire of Mountain Freehold. I have been with Clan Preachain since 2017. This group is not an SCA Household, although many of its members are are in the SCA scattered throughout several Kingdoms and Houses. In 2020 I also joined Fir naLeon, an SCA household.
I love the art styles of bronze, iron and Roman era Britian from both island and continental Celtic cultures. I also like wolves, dogs, fish, fire, and the untitled goose.