A Likely Impostor
|Resides: Shire of Owlsherst|
|Awards: Order of Precedence|
Azure, a beehive and on a chief argent three pears vert
|Award & Office Badges|
EK Wiki Admin
Lady Cordeilla Sharpe attended two Pennsic Wars (36 and 38) as a non-member and eventually became active in the SCA in 2014 (5 years later!) while living in the Barony of Axemoor (that's New Orleans, y'all). She relocated to the Shire of Owlsherst (York County, PA) in June of 2018.
Lady Cordeilla is married to Lord Dirk Sharpe, who rarely makes it to events due to his work schedule.
Pronunciation: /kɔrd.i.ˈliə ʃɑrp/ | cor-DEE-LEE-ah SHARP
Cordeilla recommends that you swing by and say hello to Lord Clippart de Worde at some point.
No specific persona. The garb closet is very eclectic and broad, both in geography and in time period. "Roman in the summer, Norse in the winter"
Cordeilla is learning to speak French and appreciates conversational practice opportunities. Her Duolingo username is "cordelya".
Cordeilla may be available to teach the below-listed classes. At present, she isn't able to travel to events that require overnight stays.
- Three Strand Rope Splicing - One Hour - Would you like your tent ropes to have neat, strong spliced eyes instead of knotty knots with frayed ends? Come learn how to splice an eye in three-strand rope. Each student will be supplied with a short length of three-strand rope and some masking tape. If time permits, finishing options, end/back splices, and join splices may also be covered. Only the technique(s) will be taught. - needs: seating, access to cleaning tools if not held outdoors, table(s) a plus but not required
Offices & Positions
- Wiki Administrator, East Kingdom, 10/2023 to present
- Chamberlain, Shire of Owlsherst, 7/2022 to present
- Deputy Chamberlain, Shire of Owlsherst, 2020 to 2022
- Webminister, Shire Wars (2020, 2021, 2022)
- Webminister, Shire of Owlsherst, 5/2020 to present
- Webminister, Barony of Axemoor, 09/14/2015 to 05/01/2018 (Keyholder Deputy 2018 to present)
- Gleann Abhann Hall of Records website developer/maintainer 9/28/2015 to present
Lady Cordeilla helps out with events, but doesn't keep track of it. Her most common contribution to events is providing project management & planning support to the Event Staff.
- Dýr Skjǫldr (household, Gleann Abhann)
- Port Tortuga (household, Pennsic)
- Fiber Arts
- Kitchen Science
- Lampwork & glass fusing/slumping
- Stained glass
- Wood finishing
- Marlinspike Arts
- Development of applications that help make SCA administration easier
- Mobiliaire Inventory Manager (suitable for local branches, households, etc)
In Case of Court
Lady Cordeilla prefers to not be given awards at all. If you absolutely must, a private, drive-by presentation is preferred. She does not attend court.
See Gleann Abhann Hall of Records listing for Cordeilla Sharpe for additional OOP records.
Communications Policies - please be aware of these things to ensure we have happy interactions
Want to give a "thank you" token but are at a loss as to what's Awesome? Here are some things that are on Cordeilla's "SCA Wish List"
- Morisca reproduction cards
- Spinning fibers (dirty fleece, clean fleece, roving, top, sliver, rolags, etc. any type of fiber, especially if it is green/blue/purple/black/silver)
- Yarns/threads in natural fiber content, any size (also always awesome: fibers with shiny/sparkly bits or that glow in the dark)
- Fiber arts tools (knit/crochet/spin/lucet/naalbind/weaving/sewing/bobbin lace)
- COE-104 glass rods, lampworking tools (please note I can't use striking glass because my torch is a HotHead; reduction glass is welcome)
- Silk painting dyes/paints/tools/blanks
- Knee socks (note: socks from Basketman do not fit. Socks from Hero's Haven do fit)
- Seed beads
- Anything having to do with honeybees, honeycomb, beehives, or pears (including unprocessed comb scrapings and chunk beeswax)
- Digital or hand-drawn renderings of Cordeilla's registered heraldry or products thereof. Variations in charge interpretation always welcome!
On Editing this Page
If you find a factual or other technical error on this page, you are always welcome to fix it. If you think that this page would fit well in a certain category, please feel free to add it.
If I don't like the changes, I can always change them back.
To suggest a change to this page, you can leave a message on this page's Discussion page.
You're welcome to appropriate this section (or anything else you find here) for your own page.