Chiaretta di Fiore
Lady Chiaretta di Fiore
Or, a fox sejant guardant proper and in chief three pine trees couped sable.
(Fieldless) A fox sejant guardant proper maintaining a poppy gules slipped vert all within and conjoined to a four-lobed quadrate cornice sable.
|Award & Office Badges|
I am Chiaretta di Fiore, formerly Kataryn Mercer, called "Kit" by friends. I am a costumer by preference with an interest in recreating clothing worn in the 16th century, through both historically accurate or innovative methods. My primary passion is Italian costuming, and I dabble in painting pottery, woodcuts, and embroidery.
Kit is the daughter of an English silk merchant and an Italian woman. She was born in 1545 in London, England. Though they are working class, her father's successful business allows Kit access to the finest silks from abroad, as well as the latest fashions, particularly from her mother's hometown, Florence. Recently, her family has relocated to Florence to improve business connections, and there they reside currently. Formerly called Kataryn Mercer, compatriots have renamed her in the Italian style to Chiaretta di Fiore.
- Mistress Vienna de la Mer (Since January 25, 2014)
- Mistress Elena Hylton (Since August 5, 2019)
- Keepers of Athena's Thimble, Journeyman
- Knowne World Courtesan's Guild, Courtesan
- Company of the Sable Domino, Courtesan
Awards and Honors
- Award of Arms - Kenric II and Avelina II - 2/2014
- Maunche - Brennan II and Caoilfhionn II - 2/2016
- Worshipful Company of Artificers - Barony of Dragonship Haven - 04/2019
- Website: Kit's Clothing Collection
- Class Handouts & A&S Documentation: Kit's Clothing Collection
- Facebook: Publicly accessible albums
In Case of Court
Please contact Mistress Vienna de la Mer for preferences.