Lord Cailin Macsalny
(photo courtesy of Dianimh Ban)
Gules, on a pale argent between in chief two flames Or in chief a pheon inverted gules, the pale surmounted in base by a boar's head couped Or
|Award & Office Badges|
- Flame of Bhakail
- Award of Arms received at Bhakail's Yule on 4 December 2013
- Master of the Horse received at Bhakail's Court of Love on 25 June 2016.
- Order of the Golden Mantle received at Mudthaw on 24 March 2018
- Order of the Pasguarde received at Pennsic 47 on 5 Aug 2018
- Member of the Blue Tyger Legion as part of the Southern Army received at Pennsic 47 on 11 Aug 2018
Offices & Positions
- Constable of Bhakail - 12 December 2015 - Current
- An appointed position by Baron Mael Eoin mac Echuid and Baroness Ysmay de Lynn that had the sole charge was enforcing the "taxes" levied by their Excellencies. Since then I have taken responsibility for managing the Lost & Found from Bhakail events. At the Investiture of Baron Rowen Cloteworthy and Baroness Suba al-Hadid I was asked to continue my work as Constable, to which I gladly said yes.
- Gaming Champion of Bhakail - 27 January 2018 - Current
- A new category of Champion in the Barony of Bhakail. The title was passed to me by THL Aurddeilen-ap-Robet who was the first named Gaming Champion of Bhakail.
- Barionial Chronicler - 11 September 2018 - Current
Projects & Publications
I have an ongoing blog at: https://constableofbhakail.wordpress.com/ I use it mostly to track of Lost & Found from events, but I've also began branching out into other areas revolving around being Constable, medieval law, and general SCA related things.
In Case of Court
I would appreciate if if my girlfriend, Lady Chana Freidl the Maker, would be informed maybe even consulted about any impending award, otherwise I always appreciate a good surprise.
I post all of my SCA related photos on my facebook page https://www.facebook.com/john.mackelvey