Caera (Ceara) Fitzpatrick
Argent, a drop spindle and on a chief purpure a glaive argent.
|Award & Office Badges|
Greetings! I am Lady Caera Fitzpatrick, lady wife of the Honorable Lord Konner MacPherson and apprentice of Padrona Caterina Giaocchini. My first event was Pennsic 39 and I began fighting with the 404 shortly thereafter, though sadly it has been a couple of years since I was in armour. When I am fortunate enough to attend an event (real life keeps me occupied most Saturdays), I will most likely be helping, spinning, or both.
My interest in textile arts has only expanded with the inspiration that the Society provides. I am happy to “talk shop” if you have any sort of interest! If you would like to learn how to spin, please seek me out! I usually have some extra drop spindles and fluff with me. I often spin as I wander about, so I'm easily spotted.
Please say hello!
A Gael of Cork on the island of Éire, vaguely around 11th C.
Registered as Ceara Fitzpatrick, but I usually spell it Caera as I had already gotten quite used to it.
- Award of Arms - Edward II and Thyra
- Silver Brooch - Brennan II and Caoilfhionn II
- King's Award of Esteem - Brennan II and Caoilfhionn II
- Queen's Award of Esteem - Brennan II and Caoilfhionn II
- Maunche - Brennan III and Caoilfhionn III
Offices & Positions
- Book Herald, Rusted Woodlands, 2015 - 2016
- Exchequer, Rusted Woodlands, 2016-present
- Merchant-crat, 100 Minutes War, 2011
- Merchant-crat, 100 Minutes War, 2012
- Staff-at-Large, First EK Novice Day, 2014
- Staff-at-Large, 100 Minutes War, 2014
- Autocrat, EK Novice Day, 2015
- Royal Liason/Staff-at-Large, 100 Minutes War, 2015
- Artisan’s Row Coordinator, QUEST, 2016
- Autocrat, EK Novice Day, 2016
- Troll Head, 100 Minutes, 2016
- Troll Head, 100 Minutes, 2017
- Troll Head/Staff-at-Large, EK Novice Day, 2018
- Troll Head, 100 Minutes, 2018
- Been found on Artisan’s Row/teaching at various events
Projects & Publications
- Fiber Prep: Hand-prep Jacob fleece, 2012
- Spinning: Baby camel and silk thread, spindle, 2015
- Weaving: Twill leg wraps - 2015, 2016
- Weaving, K&Q Champ Entry: 2/2 Diamond Twill, cotton - 2015
- Spinning, K&Q Champ Entry: flax/linen thread - 2015
- Spinning: Cotton, great wheel - 2016
- Embroidery: K&Q Bardic Champs Baldrics - 2016
- Weaving: Brat, broken diamond twill, wool - 2016
- Fiber Source: reeling silk from cocoons - 2016
- Spinning: K&Q Champ Entry FINALIST, perfect score: Linen thread recreation for handsewing & sprang - 2017 (entered 2018)
- Article in PLY Magazine: Spinning flax on a spindle. Spring Issue 2018
- Calligraphy & Illumination: various scrolls & blanks, ongoing since 2016
Spinner, weaver, knitter. Will gladly teach anyone who wants to learn. I dabble in embroidery, calligraphy, illumination, nålbinding and book heraldry.
Since it has been asked of the populace to make their preferences known: I love surprises. Please inform Konner MacPherson in advance. If it becomes too cumbersome to surprise me, I hope my friends will let me know so that I can help.