Difference between revisions of "Black Finn of Preachain"
Latest revision as of 09:52, 21 August 2019
Vindiorix "Black Finn" Ordowik of Preachain
Vindiorix Ordowik's Device
|Award & Office Badges|
Vindiorix "Black Finn" Ordowik of Clan Preachain and the Shire of Mountain Freehold.
A 1st Century CE Briton of the Ordovices tribe.
Forester, fighter, brewer, and half-ass maker of various things.
Vindiorix Ordowik, or "Black Finn," of Preachain is a 1st Century CE Briton of the Ordovices Tribe from what is now western Wales. He served for a time as a legionnaire with Legio V Alaudae along the Rhine frontier and during the Batavian Rebellion of 70 CE. When he learned Rome was campaigning against the tribes of western Britain in 74 CE, he deserted from the legion and made his way back to defend his homeland. Four years later, in 78 CE, Rome successfully defeated the Ordovices and conquered Mona. Since then he has traveled across western mainland Europe as a member of a mercenary band called Clan Preachain (Clan of the Crow).
Group and Guild Memberships
- Shire of Mountain Freehold: Mountain Freehold
- Clan Preachain: Preachain
- East Kingdom's Northern Army: Northern Army
- East Kingdom Royal Forester's Guild: East Kingdom Royal Forester's Guild
- East Kingdom Brewer's Guild: East Kingdom Brewer's Guild
Awards and Recognition
- Award of Arms - Panteria 2018
- Sliver Brooch - Mudthaw 2019
- Forester (East Kingdom Royal Forester's Guild rank) - Panteria 2018
- Ranger (East Kingdom Royal Forester's Guild's Order of Saint Hubert) - Endewearde Hunt 2018
- Brewer (East Kingdom Brewer's Guild rank) - Birka 2019
Offices and Positions
- Keeper of the Royal Forest of Mountain Freehold in the Shire of Mountain Freehold
- Sergeant in 3rd Division, Northern Army, East Kingdom
- Introduction to the EK Royal Foresters Guild (October 2016)
- Basic Forester Skills (October 2016)
- Basic Knots for SCA Camping (October 2016)
- Wild Edibles and Medicines (February 2017)
- Introduction to Tracking (April 2017)
- SCA Period Packs and Straps (AKA "How to Carry Stuff") (February 2018)
- Wild Edibles and Domestic Fires (May 2018 and August 2019), co-taught with Corotica "Clovis" Senebelenae of Preachain, Pennsic Independent article here: PI 9 August 2019
- A Romano-Celtic Cena (September 2018), co-taught with Corotica "Clovis" Senebelenae of Preachain
- Forester Kit (AKA "What Should I Carry, and Why?") (March 2019)
- Reconnaissance Patrol Class Appendix 1 Appendix 2 (May 2019)
- Children's Class: Introduction to Tracking (May 2019)
- First EK Brewer's Guild entry: Hydromeli (ca 77 CE), Panel Score 94 of 100 points, Panel Link, Recipe Link, Recipe Addendum Link
- Second EK Brewer's Guild entry: Cocke Ale (ca 1666 CE), Panel Score 86 of 100 points,Recipe LinkRecipe Addendum Link
- Forester clothing and equipment for my persona
- Otzi-style pack frames
- Stick (award winning entry at the 2018 Shire of Mountain Freehold Feast of Fools Silly A&S competition)
- Teaching burning in a bowl and spoon with coals, Early Period A&S, Pennsic 48
- Reconnaissance and Security: European Medieval Military Doctrine, scored 32.5 of 48 points at EK K&Q A&S Competition at Mudthaw 2019, Paper Annotated Bibliography
In Case of Court
Please inform my wife, Corotica "Clovis" Senebelenae (Jennifer Davis) if I need to attend court.
In mundane life I am Justin Davis, a career military officer and outdoors enthusiast. I dabbled in the SCA in college but only really became active starting in 2016 with the Shire of Mountain Freehold. I have been with Clan Preachain since 2006. This group is not SCA, although many of its members are, and it is effectively an SCA household.