Lady Aziza al-Shiraziyya
|Award & Office Badges|
Lady Aziza al-Shiraziyya.
Joined the SCA in 2013. Home barony is the Barony of Settmour Swamp.
Aziza has been working as an illuminator with the East Kingdom College of Scribes since 2014.
- Order of the Silver Brooch, 2016.
- Order of the Ivory Tower [Baronial Award], 2015.
- Award of Arms, River Wars 2014
1530s Safavid Persia [Iran]
Aziza comes from a family of bookbinders tied to one of the many medical madrasas in Shiraz.. The family is dedicated to preserving the extensive book collections of the madrasa as well as undertaking rebinding and illumination projects from wealthy patrons of the school. She is one of the heirs that will one day help run the family business. Shiraz at the time is a bustling center of arts, science and culture, and many of its residents are foreign visitors.
Aziza is currently betrothed to a young Persian man of the artisan class who is studying European painting technique and materials in Venice. She is fond of learning new things as well as her own traditional pastimes of archery, illumination and book arts.
Activities & Interests
Arts & Sciences
- Persona Research
- Arts Education
Aziza is also an OK thumb ring archer. She has fun and looks cool doing it, at least.
- Student to Maîtresse Jehannine de Flandres
Volunteer Work & Community Projects
- March 2014: Digitized Settmour Swamp arms for website, sticker, and other promotional uses.
- April 2014: Helped create archery targets for Quest for Wit and Wisdom 2014.
- June 2014: Helped design Champions Archery Shoot and Populace Shoot at Pennsic 43.
- November 2014: Volunteered at troll for 100 Minutes War
- May 2015: Designed, organized, and ran printmaking workshop for all ages at Quest for Wit and Wisdom 2015. Donated artwork for charity auction.
- November 2015: Organized and Mediated an Arts and Sciences Artisan discussion at 100 Minutes War.
- May 2016: Designed, organized, and ran printmaking workshop for all ages at Quest for Wit and Wisdom 2016. Donated materials for charity auction, and assisted in its assembly.
- June 2016: Organized and co-taught printmaking workshop for all ages at Artisan's Village 2016.
Projects & Publications
- October 2014: First A&S Display on Woodblock Printmaking, Settmour Swamp Day of Champions.
- May 2015: Hands-On All Ages Printmaking display and Workshop, Quest for Wit and Wisdom.
- November 2015: Mediated an Arts and Sciences gathering and discussion at 100 Minutes War.
- May 2016:Hands-On All Ages Printmaking display and Workshop, Quest for Wit and Wisdom.
- June 2016: Hands-On All Ages Printmaking display and Workshop, Artisan's Row.
- July 2016: Hands-On All Ages Introduction to Scribal Workshop, East Kingdom Novice Day.