|This article is a stub. You can help the East Kingdom wiki by expanding it.|
Don't know what information to put? See our Templates Page.
See Template_talk:Populace for full suggested contents.
|Award & Office Badges|
Lady Aziza al-Shiraziyya.
AKA Aziza al-Shirazi, Aziza bint Noor al-Shiraziyya (Official registered name forthcoming)
Joined the SCA in 2013. Home barony is the Barony of Settmour Swamp.
Aziza has been working as an illuminator with the East Kingdom College of Scribes since 2014.
- Award of Arms, River Wars 2014
- Order of the Ivory Tower [Baronial Award], 2015.
1530s Safavid Persia [Iran]
Aziza comes from a family of bookbinders tied to one of the many medical madrasas in Shiraz.. The family is dedicated to preserving the extensive book collections of the madrasa as well as undertaking rebinding and illumination projects from wealthy patrons of the school. She is one of the heirs that will one day help run the family business. Shiraz at the time is a bustling center of arts, science and culture, and many of its residents are foreign visitors.
Aziza is currently betrothed to a young Persian man of the artisan class who is studying European painting technique and materials in Venice. She is fond of learning new things as well as her own traditional pastimes of archery, illumination and book arts.
Arts & Sciences Activities
- Persona Research
- Arts Education
Volunteer Work & Community Projects
- April 2014: Helped create archery targets for Quest for Wit and Wisdom 2014.
- June 2014: Helped design Champions Archery Shoot and Populace Shoot at Pennsic 43.
- November 2014: Volunteered at troll for 100 Minutes War
- May 2015: Designed, organized, and ran printmaking workshop for all ages at Quest for Wit and Wisdom 2015. Donated artwork for charity auction.
Projects & Publications
- Name of Project/Publication, Other info, mm/dd/yyyy
- List in Chronological order, oldest to newest