Arabella De Mere
Arabella at Novice Day A.S. LII
|Resides: Shire of Old Stonebridges|
|Awards: Order of Precedence|
Quarterly Or and azure, a natural seahorse sable, on a chief argent three hawk bells azure.
|Award & Office Badges|
Magnifica Arabella De Mere has been involved with the Society and the East Kingdom for over 20 years now, with Pennsic XXVI being her first event. She has a passion for fiber arts, specifically tablet weaving, and enjoys exhibiting her projects at A&S competitions and teaching at events and at Pennsic University. She is always happy to talk fiber and share tips and techniques. She is currently serving as the Seneschal for her local shire of Old Stonebridges, as well as the Deputy Minister of A&S for the Central Region. She was inducted into the Order of the Laurel by TRM Ioannes and Honig at 100 Minutes War on November 20, A.S. LVI.
Arabella is nominally from 16th century Italy as she joined the Society as part of Household d'Mer, but she enjoys partaking in many different cultures and time periods.
She has been known to answer occasionally to "Jingles".
Arabella is married to Matthias von Würzburg.
Arabella is a former apprentice to Contessa Vienna de la Mer.
Offices & Positions
- Seneschal, Shire of Old Stonebridges, 11/1/2020 to present
- Central Regional Deputy Minister of Arts and Sciences, 02/01/2019 to present
- Mistress of Arts & Sciences, Shire of Old Stonebridges, 01/01/2017 to 11/1/2020
- Multiple local demos for Old Stonebridges
- Troll Volunteer, Tournament of the Daffodils III, 4/23/2016
- Kitchen Assistant, Tournament of the Daffodils, 4/25/2015
- Bartertown Liaison and Event Tokens, King & Queen's Bardic Championship, Nordenfjord, A.S. XLIX
- Tablet & Inkle Weaving Tips, Tricks and Hacks, Pennsic University XLVII
- Brocade Tablet Weaving Basics, Pennsic University XLVI
- Brocade Tablet Weaving Basics, Pennsic University XLV
- Brocade Tablet Weaving Basics, Pennsic University XLIV
- Kumihumo Basics, Novice Schola, Nordenfjord A.S. XLVIII
- Viking Wire-Weaving, Novice Schola, Nordenfjord A.S. XLVIII
- Mudthaw, April 2015 - multicolor brocade swallow band. Populace choice.
- Novice Day, July 2015 - Birka 26 brocaded band. Laurel's choice.
- Novice Day, July 2016 - Roger II Coronation mantle brocaded trim band. Populace choice.
- St. Eligius, November 2016 - Artisan category winner, Roger II Coronation mantle brocaded trim band.
- Dancing Fox, February 2017 - Dressing the Fox - mini-me, Italian Renaissance dress.
- St. Eligius, November 2017 - Populace Choice award for Snartemo V tablet woven band.
- Balfar's Challenge, April 2019 - Heraldic Challenge, Most Intricate category
- Southern Region War Camp IX, June 2019 - Baronial A&S Populace Choice for embroidery (needle case, cup cover, brick stitch pouch)
- Cover photo, Pikestaff, October A.S. LVI (2021)
Arabella De Mere - my A&S Project website.