Arabella De Mere
Arabella at Novice Day A.S. LII
|Resides: Incipient Shire of Nordenfjord|
|Awards: Order of Precedence|
Quarterly Or and azure, a natural seahorse sable, on a chief argent three hawk bells azure.
|Award & Office Badges|
Lady Arabella De Mere has been involved with the Society and the East Kingdom for over 20 years now, with Pennsic XXVI being her first event. She has recently discovered a passion for fiber arts and specifically tablet weaving, and has entered several A&S competitions with her work as well as teaching classes at Pennsic at other events. She recently took over as the A&S officer for her local shire of Nordenfjord.
Arabella is nominally from 16th century Italy as she joined the Society as part of Household d'Mer, but she enjoys partaking in many different cultures and time periods.
She has been known to answer occasionally to "Jingles".
Arabella is married to Matthias von Würzburg.
Arabella is a student to Mistress Vienna de la Mer.
Offices & Positions
- Mistress of Arts & Sciences, Incipient Shire of Norðfjǫrðr, 01/01/2017 to present
- Troll Volunteer, Tournament of the Daffodils III, 4/23/2016
- Empire State College Demo, Nordenfjord, A.S. LI
- Kitchen Assistant, Tournament of the Daffodils, 4/25/2015
- Bartertown Liaison and Event Tokens, King & Queen's Bardic Championship, Nordenfjord, A.S. XLIX
- Tablet & Inkle Weaving Tips, Tricks and Hacks, Pennsic University XLVII
- Brocade Tablet Weaving Basics, Pennsic University XLVI
- Brocade Tablet Weaving Basics, Pennsic University XLV
- Brocade Tablet Weaving Basics, Pennsic University XLIV
- Kumihumo Basics, Novice Schola, Nordenfjord A.S. XLVIII
- Viking Wire-Weaving, Novice Schola, Nordenfjord A.S. XLVIII
- Mudthaw, April 2015 - multicolor brocade swallow band. Populace choice.
- Novice Day, July 2015 - Birka 26 brocaded band. Laurel's choice.
- Novice Day, July 2016 - Roger II Coronation mantle brocaded trim band. Populace choice.
- St. Eligius, November 2016 - Artisan category winner, Roger II Coronation mantle brocaded trim band.
- Dancing Fox, February 2017 - Dressing the Fox - mini-me, Italian Renaissance dress.
- St. Eligius, November 2017 - Populace Choice award for Snartemo V tablet woven band.
Arabella De Mere - my A&S Project website.