Antony Martin of Sheffield
See Template_talk:Populace for full suggested contents.
The Honorable Lord Antony Martin of Sheffield
Per fess embattled vert and argent, three arrows bendwise inverted argent fletched Or and a tree eradicated proper
|Award & Office Badges|
I have been playing in the SCA since January of 1999 when a group of us got together in a friend's apartment to discuss forming our own group in northern Maine. We attended a couple events, liked what we saw, and started the ball rolling toward what eventually became the Shire of Smithwick. I was a Shire officer from the day we first became Incipient, moving from Chronicler to Seneschal and then Exchequer before moving out of the area.
In 2012, I moved to the Province of Malagentia. After taking a little over a year off from being an officer I, once again, became involved with starting up a new group - the Riding of Ravensbridge. I held the offices of Herald and Deputy Seneschal from its formation until January of 2019.
I currently hold an Award of Arms and am a member of the Order of the Silver Crescent in the East. I have previously been ranked as a Master Bowman. My main areas of interest lie in archery, heraldry, medieval games, and brewing mead.
I am a wealthy 12th century merchant who has traveled the world and seen many wondrous things. As my wealth grew, I set my eyes toward bettering my station in life which resulted in the fortuitous purchase of a noble title from a young lordling who had frittered his family's fortune away. I paid handsomely so that he could avoid debtors' prison and I could move up in life. Since then I have traveled even more garnering much fame and fortune. During a trip to Wales to purchase another inn, I happened to meet the wench who would steal my heart - Moire Browne. We have been together since and I have taught her letters & numbers so she can manage my home as well as my brewing operations.
- Gate - Ravensbridge Huggin and Muninn (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
- Assistant Dayboard Coordinator - Malagentia Harvest Moon Shoot (2016)
- Feast Steward - unpublished Ravensbridge Yule (2015)
- Autocrat - Ravensbridge Huggin and Muninn (2014)
- Archery MiC - Smithwick Summer Gathering (2001-2011)
- Archery MiC - Lyndhaven Schola (renamed Middleground) (2001-2009)
- Archery MiC - Spring Crown Tourny in Lyndhaven (Year unclear)
- Replacement MiC - Malagentia GNEW (Year unclear)
- Feast Steward - Smithwick Winter Ball (2004-2005)
- Archery MiC - Harper's Retreat (2001 or 2002)
- Autocrat - Smithwick Summer Gathering (2001-2004)
- Member of The Priory of St. John of the North