Anna Elisabetta de Valladolid
War of the Roses 2014
|Resides: Barony of Concordia of the Snows|
|Awards: Order of Precedence|
Per chevron inverted gules and azure, crossed in saltire a spoon and needle argent
|Award & Office Badges|
Exchequer, Shire of Glenn Linn (Current)
Lady Anna Elisabetta joined the SCA in 2013 after meeting Lady Olivia Baker during Queen Elizabeth's progress through the farms of Indian Ladder in the Barony of Concordia. Prior to this, Anna and family had traveled the world on various Naval expeditions, having seen both the lands of the Far East, and various ports in Europe. As a result, she amassed quite a collection of fabrics, as well as a taste for exotic spices and their various uses.
Anna Elisabetta loves to teach others about the stories, arts, and food she has learned overseas, particularly to children, as she has 5 of her own. If you don't see her and her family dancing at one of the late night revelries, you can find her either with needle or spoon in hand at House Asgar, lending a hand in Willow’s Keep where she serves as protégé to Mistress Eikaterine tin Elliniki, or doing activities with her children Kilian Meinhardt, Lucas Meinhardt, Delilah Meinhardt (Lily), Isabella, and Owen.
Daughter of a high ranking Spanish Naval officer and unknown mother (believed to be an Ayta princess from Las Felipinas), Anna grew up hearing her father’s sea stories of adventures in far off lands.
While she has no memory of her early years, as a teen, she accompanied her father on a trip to the Far East, where she not only lived in Japan, but picked up the language and a taste for their food.
Lady Anna met her husband, Lord Balthazar Meinhardt at a Naval Ball held by her father during trade negotiations in Spain. Balthazar was a German Naval Officer, in service to Queen Elizabeth I. They bonded over a shared love of overseas travel and food.
While her husband is away on adventures with Privateers, Anna and her 5 children live at Hampton Court, where Anna has been known to sneak into the kitchen and use her vast knowledge of exotic spices to make treats for the Queen.
Anna enjoys period cooking, embroidery, dancing, and making garb for her children. She makes soap from the finest oils from Spain and Aleppo. She recently picked up scribal and illumination, and dabbles in Pysanki.
- Demo at Indian Ladder Farms, 6/11/2015
- Demo at Indian Ladder Farms, 6/12/2016
- Demo at Clifton Park Library, 8/20/2016
- Demo at Genericon, 3/4/2017
- Demo at Indian Ladder Farms, 6/10/2017
- Gate, War of the Roses, 5/25-26/2017
- Dayboard, Bjorn's Ceilidh, 11/11/2017
- Demo at Crandall Library, 6/23/2018
- Demo at Ft. William Henry, 9/22/2018
- Autocrat, War of the Roses XXXIX, 5/24-27, 2019
- Gate at Winter in the North Country, 12/11/2021
- Gate at Shire of Glenn Linn’s 33rd Birthday BBQ, 4/16/2022
- Autocrat, War of the Roses XLII (ft. Kingdom Bardic and Archery champs), 5/27-30, 2022
- Demo at Indian Ladder Farms, 6/11/2022
- Gate/ Youth Activities, Northern Region War Camp (ft. Kingdom Equestrian and Thrown Weapons Champs), 7/1-3, 2022
In Case of Court
Please contact husband, Balthazar Meinhardt, Lord Asgar Rolfson, or Mistress Eikaterine tin Elliniki.
Due to how Covid19 changes in how one plays in the SCA, Anna Elisabetta is more than happy to receive any awards that are to be bestowed upon her, virtually.
- "I'd Feel Better With a Frog in My Throat, a Minikin's Introduction to Apothecary," Hunter's Moon, Sept 2016
- "Intro to Origami," War of The Roses, May 2017
- "Kid's Apothecary" War of the Roses, May 2018
- "I Want Candy, Candy and Sweets of the Elizabethan Period," Hunter's Moon, Sept 2018
- "The Dirty Business of Soap Making," Glenn Linn A&S Night, 3/31/2019
- “Kokeshi Doll Make and Take, the Story of Kaguya Hime,” War of the Roses, May 2022
- “Making Hanetsuki Paddles,” War of the Roses, May 2022
- “Wagashi, Daifuku, and Matcha,” War of the Roses, May 2022
Baronial Award, Order of the Friends, 5/26/2019
Silver Wheel- 2/8/2020