Anna Elisabetta de Valladolid
War of the Roses 2014
|Award & Office Badges|
Exchequer, Shire of Glenn Linn (Current)
Anna Elisabetta joined the SCA in 2013 after meeting Lady Olivia Baker during Queen Elizabeth's progress through the farms of Indian Ladder in the Barony of Concordia. Prior to this, Anna and family had traveled the world on various Naval expeditions, having seen both the lands of the Far East, and various ports in Europe. As a result, she amassed quite a collection of fabrics, as well as a taste for exotic spices and their various uses.
Anna Elisabetta loves to teach others about the stories, arts, and food she has learned overseas, particularly to children, as she has 5 of her own. If you don't see her and her family dancing at one of the late night revelries, you can find her either with needle or spoon in hand at House Asgar, where she serves as protégé to Mistress Freygerðr Instórràða Hallasdóttir (aka "Frigga.").
Daughter of a high ranking Spanish Naval officer, Anna married a German Naval Officer, serving in the time of Queen Elizabeth I of Great Britain. While her husband, Balthazar Meinhardt, is going on adventures with Privateers, Anna and her 5 children live at court, where Anna has been known to sneak into the kitchen and use her vast knowledge of exotic spices to make treats for the Queen.
Anna enjoys period cooking, embroidery, dancing, and making garb for her children. She makes soap from the finest oils from Spain and Aleppo. She recently picked up scribal and illumination, and dabbles in Pysanki.
- Demo at Indian Ladder Farms, 6/11/2015
- Demo at Indian Ladder Farms, 6/12/2016
- Demo at Clifton Park Library, 8/20/2016
- Demo at Genericon, 3/4/2017
- Demo at Indian Ladder Farms, 6/10/2017
- Gate, War of the Roses, 5/25-26/2017
- Dayboard, Bjorn's Ceilidh, 11/11/2017
- Demo at Crandall Library, 6/23/2018
- Demo at Ft. William Henry, 9/22/2018
- Autocrat, War of the Roses XXXIX, 5/24-27, 2019
In Case of Court
Please contact husband, Balthazar Meinhardt, Lord Asgar Rolfson, or Mistress Freygerðr Instórràða Hallasdóttir (aka "Frigga.")
Due to how Covid19 changes in how one plays in the SCA, Anna Elisabetta is more than happy to receive any awards that are to be bestowed upon her, virtually.
- "I'd Feel Better With a Frog in My Throat, a Minikin's Introduction to Apothecary," Hunter's Moon, Sept 2016
- "Intro to Origami," War of The Roses, May 2017
- "Kid's Apothecary" War of the Roses, May 2018
- "I Want Candy, Candy and Sweets of the Elizabethan Period," Hunter's Moon, Sept 2018
- "The Dirty Business of Soap Making," Glenn Linn A&S Night, 3/31/2019
Baronial Award, Order of the Friends, 5/26/2019