Mistress Amy Webbe
|Resides: Shire of Barren Sands|
Argent, a spider and on a chief sable three spiders argent
|Award & Office Badges|
I am Mistress Amy Webbe, and I am a 1570s Gloucestershire resident. As a Middle Class widow (a rather unfortunate accident with a cart), I assist my stepson in managing his late father's mercer business. I spend much time embroidering, and considering whether or not to seek a new husband. I was raised in and still follow the Roman church, but I prefer to do so privately, as being a "Papist" is beginning to affect the business opportunities available in Southern England, and I have no desire to endanger the family business.
In reality, I am married to Lord Erhart von Stuttgart, and I reside in the The Shire of Barren Sands
Offices & Positions
- Senior Member, Athena's Thimble.
- Rankings Clerk, Keepers of Athena's Thimble, 08/11 until present.
- A&S Officer, Barony of Carillion 11/11 until 11/12.
- A&S Officer, Canton of the Keep by the Endless Sea, from 9/09 - 11/11.
- Deputy A&S Officer, Barony of Carillion, 10/10 - 11/11.
- Lady-in-Waiting, Kiena I.
- Lady-in-Waiting, Gabriella II.
My pinterest page with links to extant 16th century English embroidery items can be found here: https://www.pinterest.com/amy3968/
My paper for Expert Ranking in Blackwork for Athena's Thimble may be accessed here: http://bit.ly/1FV01Yn
- Deputy to Middle Eastern Tent Coordinator, Pennsic XL.
- Class Coordinator, Southern Region War Camp (RP), June 2012-2013.
- Assistant to Class Coordinator, Southern Region War Camp (RP), 2011.
- Co-Autocrat, Bellringers 2012 and 2013.
- Troll-as-needed, Icefalcon's Ducal Challenge, 2012.
- Children's Activities, Mudthaw (RP), 2012.
- Royal Liaison, 12th Night (RP), January 2012.
- Pennsic University Ambassador, Pennsic XL.
- Children's Fete Volunteer, Pennsic XL.
- Co-Troll, Ghosts, Ghouls and Goblins, 2010.
- Volunteer- Disability Point, Fighter Check-In, Pennsic XXXVIII.
- Assistant Dayboard Cook, Al-Hafla 2009.
- Dishwasher, most Carillion events.
- General set-up and clean-up, as needed.
Honours & Awards
- Mistress of the Laurel, 3/23/2013
- Companion of the Maunche, 4/2011;
- Winner of Mudthaw A&S Competition, 3/12;
- Recipient of Athena's Thimble Founder's Award, 3/12;
- Champion of Athena's Thimble Craftsman Triathlon Competition, 3/12;
- Award of Arms, 9/08;
- Companion of the Order of the Sable Bell, 01/2011;
- Companion of the Beacons of Carillion (A&S Award), SRWC 2012;
- Carillion Chime, 10/2010;
- Lady of the Order of the Fish, Baron Cosmo de Signorelli's "favor".
- Baronial A&S Champion, 10/2009 until 10/2010;
- Senior Member of Athena's Thimble, with Period Competencies in Blackwork, Counted Work, Metal Thread, Free Embroidery; Competencies in Couching, Canvaswork, Smocking/Pleatwork, Openwork, and Needlelace; and Working Knowledge of Applique.
Projects & Publications
My project blog can be found at http://ladyamysca.blogspot.com
My documentation can be found at http://amywebbe.wikispaces.com/space/content
My primary art form is embroidery, including:
- Late 16th Century Polychrome Coif;
- Elizabethan Sweet Bagge;
- Late 16th Century Blackwork Coif;
- Recreation of the "Jupiter" panel;
- 14th century German brick stitch bag.
I also enjoy using my art to make presents for others:
- Polychrome Pincushion for Athena's Thimble prize;
- Blackwork tissue holder for Marguerite I's Queen's Tea Favors.
- Embroidered favors for Brenwen I;
- Embroidered QOC for Brenwen II;
- Blackwork collar and cuffs for Her Excellency Mary Theophania Hunn;
I am a member of House Grog.
I was apprenticed to Baroness Kis Maria, known as Mika.