Alric the Younger
Alric the Younger and Ástriðr Sægeirrsdottir
Heraldry in Review - Vert, a boar's head erased and a bordure potenté argent
|Award & Office Badges|
I actually attended my first SCA event in 1989 after having met some folks at a demo. All that said, we were just two teens in green tabards soaking it all in. Since then realistically I have been in and out dropping by the odd event here and there until the past couple of years as my Wife, Ástriðr Sægeirrsdottir and I have become more and more involved.
I find myself enjoying Archery, Thrown Weapons and learning all the things. I do believe I am a true dabbler (I am tempted to create a 'Things I've Tried' list but I don't know if there is enough room.)
Alric the Younger is from Anglo-Saxon England in and around the 11th century.
Projects & Publications
(I guess I should start a blog eh?)
- I will remember finishing the tips of these in the hotel room the night before a Great Northeastern War and not getting a chance to use them the following day.
- A couple of Javelins
- These really turned out to be Irish throwing darts (is what I think someone called them, but they have spurred me to make some others.
- A Haithabu Bag
- What was great about this project is that it was the first time I wrote some documentation for an item. Documentation
- A six-panel hat
- Constructed using the leftover material from the Haithabu Bag, this too is all hand stitched. The wool outer shell and the linen lining are assembled. I am working on an embroidered band for it currently and when finished it should be a quick matter of stitching it down, and assembling the liner into place.
- A new linen tunic
- For the longest time, this has been sitting around half constructed as I really didn't like the 'teal' color of the material. I finally have found RIT Dye remover and it has removed much of the green leaving it a very pleasant blue. The next step is to work on the neck facing and then trim for the wrists and base.
Future Projects (in no particular order)
- I really want to weave my own but am having difficulties trying to figure out the best method that will work for me.
Guilds and Affiliations
I am member of Arachne's Web Lace Guild