Alison at Fall Crown 2019
|Awards: Order of Precedence|
Or, a wyvern azure and on a chief sable three quatrefoils Or barbed vert.
(Fieldless) On a quatrefoil sable barbed vert, a cross clechy Or.
|Award & Office Badges|
Having been raised on tales of Pennsic from her aunt and uncle, of Great Courts, lords and ladies, kings and queens, since the time it first appeared at Cooper’s Lake, with the stories of people who sought to recreate an ancient chivalric way of life during their time at the Great Pennsic War, Alison was eager to find the SCA near home. In 2002, she joined the Shire of Hartshorn-dale and happily immersed herself and her family into the SCA.
For all the communities she has been in prior to this, she has never felt so at home, among people who love the same things she does, especially the amazing craftsmen found here, the making of things, including cloth, garments, armor, tools, metalwork, illuminations, carvings, and all the amazingly talented people who embody the SCA.
Alison Wodehalle lived in late 14th century southeastern England, in Kent. Alison can be found borrowing from other cultures such as 15th century southern India, or 10th century Sweden. Her passion is needlework and costuming.
Offices & Positions
- 2003-2005 Deputy Pursuivant for Hartshorn-dale.
- -More than 20 submissions of devices, and badges, and about 10 names.
- 2005-2009 Chatelaine for Hartshorn-dale.
- -Held Newcomer meetings every month
- 2007-2009 Southern Region Deputy Chatelaine.
- -Held semi-annual meetings for the southern region
- 2009-2013 East Kingdom Chatelaine.
- -Wrote the Greeting and Mission statement for on the EK chatelaine webpage.
- -Revised the Chatelaine policies after about 40 hours of research of the policies of other kingdoms, and the policies of the EK Seneschal to maintain consistency between offices.
- -Refined the role of the regional deputies so they aligned with the duties of the seneschal regional deputies.
- (After stepping down, Alison took a break to finish her degree)
- Deputy to the Branch Polling Clerk (A deputy to the EK Seneschal). Oct 2015 to 2019.
- December 2018- December 2019 Pursuivant for Hartshorn-dale. Looking forward to working with the heraldic community again!
- -remaining herald-at-large after stepping up as seneschal. Hoping to train others in heraldry!
- January 2020-current Seneschal Shire of Hartshorn-dale.
Event Steward Greenlane:
- Sep 2004
- Sep 2005
- Sep 2006
- Sep 2007
- Sep 2008
Event Steward Nova Schola:
- Mar 2007
- Mar 2008
- Mar 2009
Registrar and Head Gate for Sundered Shields and Masked Measures:
- Oct 2008
- Oct 2009
Registrar and Head Gate for Spring Crown Tourney. Apr 2011
Registrar and Head Gate for Dining with Lorenzo. Apr 2012
Event Steward for the Known World Arts and Sciences Symposium March 2018
Classes and other service
- Gothic Fitted Dress. demo and lecture class at Pennsic
- Gothic Fitted Dress, demo and lecture at Southern Region War Camp
- Survey of Sleeves. demo and lecture at Pennsic:
- Contact person: Philadelphia Inquirer, in role as chatelaine, human interest article about the SCA in June 2008.
- Assisting at the many demos held by Hartshorn-dale from Fall 2002 to 2010, including the 20 or so that held the summer of 2004 when the Montgomery County library system had a medieval theme for its summer reading program
- Coordinator Newcomer Social at Pennsic:
- Wrote the following guides for Newcomers, some of which have posted across the Known World, and on Stefan’s Florilegium (permissions were requested)
- -AoA’s, Barons, and Laurels: a Guide to Awards in the SCA
- -Attending Your First Feast
- -Camping and Pennsic
- -Attending Your First Event
- -Minimum Requirement: Garb!
- -Persona, Do I Need One?
- -What Language Are You Speaking? (A dictionary of SCA terminology)
- Taught Newcomer classes at Pennsic on the above topics
- -2007 to 2012
- Taught a Newcomer Recruitment and Retention class at Pennsic 2012
- Seamstress: Gothic Fitted Dress for a Baroness of Bhakail
- Seamstress: 2 Gothic Fitted Dresses for Queen Aikaterine
- Held several workshops for the Gothic Fitted Dress.
- Taught ‘Felt Needlebook: Make and Take’ at Pennsic
- Co-hosted roundtable on ‘Site Tokens’ at Pennsic 2018
- Taught Silk Painting at Pennsic (2 years, I think these are the years)
- Hosted and taught Silk Banner painting
- Seamstress for several embroidered hoods given away and one for auction.
- AoA 2005
- Seamstress to the Crown 2007
- Order of the Silver Crescent 2015
- Order of the Maunche 2019
My blog http://wodehallesmusings.net/
Keeper's of Athena's Thimble https://thimble.eastkingdom.org/
In Case of Court
Alison does better without being surprised. Contact Brandr Bjorndall (Brendan Weir) or Milissent de Heathwaite (Colleen Heath). Willing to be recognized in a virtual court.