Gules, three ducks naiant argent
|Award & Office Badges|
Alienor joined the Society in A.S. XXXV in the Barony of the Jararvellir (Madison, WI) in Northshield when it was still a Middle Kingdom Principality. She moved to the East and the Shire of Panther Vale in A.S. XLVI. She has several awards for the arts in Northshield including a Grant of Arms that came with her entrance to the Order of Brigits Flame. In addition to the performing arts, she focuses on poetry. She enjoys embroidery, beading, and helping people with their research. She delights in delving into research of any type. Personal interests include the history of the Performing arts, Book curses, and the Robin Hood legends.
Alienor Hathaway in from Barnsdale, Yorkshire currently living in 1553. Her mother is French. Her father was a spice merchant that traveled frequently when she was a child. Her father eventually rose to his position at court due to an outbreak of the sweating illness that took the senior line of the family. Alienor benefited from an enlighted circle and education provided to highborn ladies of her time. She especially loved music and the humanities. Alienor also often portrays her own ancestor and dresses in 12th-century attire.
Offices & Positions
- Minister of Arts and Sciences, Shire of Panthervale, 2019 - Present
- Northern Region A&S Champion, 2018-2019
- Minister of Arts and Sciences, Shire of Panthervale ca. 2013 - 2015
- Kingdom Bard of Northshield, 2009
- Baronial Bard, Jararvellir in Northshield, 2007
- Baronial co-Fool, Jararvellir in Northshield, 2005
- Chatelaine, Jararvellir in Northshield, ca. 2004 - 2006
Awards from other Kingdoms
- Order of Brigits Flame, Kingdom of Northshield 1/19/2008
- Crwth, Principality of Northshield, 9/18/2004
- Award of Arms, Kingdom of Middle, 7/13/2002
- Bardic Madness: Online Edition, Deputy for Chat Monitoring 2020
- Bardic and Coffeehouse coordinator, Panteria, 2015 - Present
- Arts and Sciences Competition and Display, Panteria, 2015 - 2016
Current Guild membership
- Member, East Kingdom College of Performers
- Member, East Kingdom Soothsayers Guild
- Jararvellir Music and Voice Guild, 2001 - 2011
- Jararvellir Fool and Theater Guild, 2001 - 2011
- Northshield Choir, 2002 - 2011
- Known World Choir, 2017 - 2018
- Known World Players Journeyman, Forbidden Pennsic, 2019
- East Kingdom Ad-hoc Choir (present)
- Opera dell'Est (present) -- 8/23/2020 Performance
Classes she has taught
- The History of the Jester
- Introduction to Commedia del Arte
- Secret Jews of the Iberian Peninsula
- Evolution of Robin Hood
- Was there a Historic Robin Hood?
- Jews and Muslims of the Iberian Peninsula
- Who Killed the Princes in the Tower?
- Getting started with Performing Arts
- Kabbalah and the Rennaissance
- The Period Bard
- Anathema: The Book Curse -- YouTube Video
- Creating a Bardic Story Box and other Tools -- Part 1 || Part 2
Preferred titles and pronouns
Alienor has recently chosen to use "Lady Alienor" as her title because "Honorable" would not have been used in Tudor England. She uses standard English feminine pronouns (she/her/hers).
In Case of Court
Alienor loves ceremonial occasions. For in-person court, she has no preference between surprises or summons. She will be happy to receive an award in virtual court during the time of plague. Artisans using their creativity to whatever scroll they choose is humbling and amazing. She would love to have historical inspiration made available to her. If the opportunity arises, she would appreciate a scroll by her apprentice sister Aurelia Colleoni a'Buccafurno. In case of an award, she would appreciate informing her Laurel, Master Tiberius Iulius Rufus and her husband, Lord Edward Talbot.