|This article is a stub. You can help the East Kingdom wiki by expanding it.|
Don't know what information to put? See our Templates Page.
See Template_talk:Populace for full suggested contents.
That is a populace badge, not me.
Vert, three snails Or.
|Award & Office Badges|
My name is Lady Alana O'Keeve, and I am currently the Seneschal of the Shire of Blak Rose. In the almost 20 years I've been in the SCA, I've found that I am most content when washing dishes, shifting tables for feast, or otherwise helping out. My most recent pathway to service has been in the martial arena, where I have been an Archery Marshal for 6+ years, and I just recently became a Thrown Weapons Marshal. In addition to running local practices and being the Marshal-in-Charge for events, I have also assisted in the training of archery and thrown Marshals. I have also taken an interest in heraldry and, along with Joscelin le esqurel, have helped out local people with their heraldic submissions. If you have any questions about thrown weapons, archery, or heraldry please feel free to contact me, and if I can't help you, I can find someone who can!
- Award of Arms, Atlantia 9/01
- Blue Collar - House ArgentLupe , Barony of Bright Hills, Atlantia 8/01
- Baronial Award of Excellence - House ArgentLupe , Barony of Bright Hills, Atlantia 10/98
I am a 14th Century Irish woman.
Offices & Positions
- Seneschal, Incipient College of Marshall's Keep, Barony of Black Diamond, Atlantia (09/95 - 05/96)
- Exchequer, Shire of Blak Rose (10/04 - 09/06)
- Archery Marshal, Shires of Blak Rose & Owlsherst (08/06 - Present)
- Herald at Large (05/11 - Present)
- Thrown Weapons Marshal at Large (09/11 - Present)
- Thrown Weapons Marshal, Shire of Blak Rose (09/11 - Present)
- Seneschal, Shire of Blak Rose (10/11 - Present)
- Thrown Weapons Marshal, Shire of Owlsherst & Barony of Bhakail (05/12 - Present)
- Archery Marshal-in-Charge An Italian Schola, Montevale (10/2009)
- Archery Marshal-in-Charge Vinland Games, Blak Rose (05/2010)
- Archery Marshal-in-Charge Chivalry Challange, Owlsherst (09/2011)
- and too many dishwashings to count!
Projects & Escapades
- I am currently working on a longbow, made of red oak. Progress is slow but steady.
- I have taught a class on "Preserving the Harvest" at Southern Regional Spring War Practice in Owl's Herst. My research in this area continues, and I hope to learn and teach more in this area.
- I make arrows for myself and friends.
- I have helped train several archery and thrown Marshals-in-Training.
- I produce a sporadic newsletter called "To the Point!" that is intended as a way to disseminate information about events and practices to the groups in my region.
- I have recently begun to learn the recorder, and hope to improve my playing.
- I instigate others into doing jobs I feel should be done.