Aelia Fortunata (in her very messy room) after the Black Rose Ball, AS 53.
|Award & Office Badges|
Salvete omnes! I am Aelia Fortunata (EYE-lee-ah for-too-NAH-tah.) Please call me Fortunata! I've been playing in the Society off and on since roughly AS 43, but didn't actually start to do much other than the occasional dance practice until 48.
You can typically find me dancing, spinning or engaged in conversation. I can also be found sometimes recreating classical Roman recipes, or translating things into Latin.
I have a classical Roman persona, dating from the great civil wars marking the end of the Republic.
Fortunata is the only daughter of a wealthy plebeian family who made their fortune in trade between Rome, Gaul and points north. During the civil wars, the family threw their hand in with Caesar. Unfortunately, as Rome was no longer safe for a young woman, Fortunata was carted off to a family villa in Gaul. One of the safer bits of Gaul, but Gaul nonetheless. Her father will permit her to return to the city when it is safe, but who knows when that will be?
Offices and Positions
Dancemistress, Barony of Carolingia, December 2018-Present
Projects & Publications
- Mortuary Roll of TRM Edward and Thyra (Latin text composition, as Rachel of Carolingia)
- Silver Wheel Scroll of Agnes Gudolphin (Latin text composition. Given at Yule 2018, Barony of Bergental)
- Maunche Scroll of Gaius Claudius Valerianus (English and Latin text composition. Given at GNEW 2019)
- Court Barony scroll of Simona bat Leon (Latin text composition. Given at Harper's Retreat 2019)
- Laurel scroll of Gundormr Dengir (Latin text composition. Given at Falling Leaves in Exile 2019)
In Case of Court
- Please let me know if I am being called into court, no need to tell me why.
- Please summon to RP event in advance, or use a writ