Azure, two musical notes and a spool of thread, Or
|Award & Office Badges|
Lady Ástríðr started attending local events in the early 1990's, with her husband, Alric the Younger. Mostly A Market Day at Birka and Legend's of Chivalry. Back in 2013, she decided to take her hobby to the next level by becoming an official member and hasn't looked back, since. She loves going to events where she can take a class on a craft or skill, that she wouldn't normally have access to. You can often find Ástríðr working on an embroidery project (or 3), helping Their Excellencies or helping find teachers for local events. At Birka 28, she was approached by Mistress Astryda Borowska and asked to become an apprentice. On May 27, AS 52, at Panteria XXII & King's & Queen's Equestrian Championships in Panthervale, Ástríðr officially became Mistress Astryda's apprentice. At that same event, she was called before Their (then) Majesties, Ionnes and Ro Honig and inducted into the Order of the Silver Brooch.
Ástriðr is a Swedish woman from (roughly) the 10th century. She likes most things fibre related, especially hand embroidery, and loves to sing songs that her Irish companions have taught her.
Offices & Positions
- Deputy Minister of Arts & Sciences Spring 2017 to present
- Security Staff (door guard) - Birka 27 (2016)
- Gate staff - Birka 28 (2017)
- Contrada Captian (Ferrari) - Palio di Stonemarche (2017)
- Deputy Event Steward - Stonemarche Yule (2017)
- A&S Staff - Birka 29 (2018)
- A&S Display and Class Coordinator - Harpers Retreat (2018)
- Event Steward - A Mid-Winters Celebration -Stonemarche (2018)
- A&S Display Coordinator - Birka 30 (2019)
Ástríðr is an active member of the following Guilds
The Royal East Kingdom Moneyers Guild
The Dabbler's Guild
Ástríðr hosts a blog that focuses (mostly) on her needlework: The Working Needle
Ástríðr made 2000 event tokens for Birka 29 (2018). Plus 4 additional special event tokens for Their Majesties East, Ivan and Matilde and Their Highness' East, Brennan and Caoilfhionn.
Known Food Allergies