See Template_talk:Populace for full suggested contents.
quarterly argent and gules, a wool comb bendwise reversed sable
|Award & Office Badges|
Ose Silverhair joined the SCA in 2009, after attending Bjorn's Celidh the previous fall. While dancing was, and still is one of the activities she regularly participates in, she quickly discovered that drop spinning is her true passion. Nalbinding is her favorite way to use up all the thread she spins.
Ose Silverhair is a late 10th century Dane, residing in the river town of Ribe. You will rarely find her without a drop spindle in hand.
- Household - Dione Sidhe
Offices & Positions
- Baronial A&S Minister - 3/2017
- Baronial Clerk - 12/2009 to 12/2015
- Queen's Arts & Sciences Champion serving Thyra, Kiena II and Avelina II
- Baronial Arts & Sciences Champion - 5/27/2012-13; 5/2014-15
- Queen's Award of Esteem (for working on the East Kingdom Gazette) - 07/2015
- Order of the Laurel - 3/2014
- Order of the Pine - 05/26/2013
- Order of the Sapphire - 08/2011
- Winner, Pent Central - 04/2011
- Order of the Maunche - 01/2011
- Winner, Northern Lights - non-woven textiles category - 12/2010
- University Coordinator - War of the Roses - 5/2017
- Autocrat - Arts & Sciences Salon - 9/12/2015; 9/2016
- Autocrat - Bjorn's Ceilidh - 11/10/2012
- Sub-autocrat for Family Activities - War of the Roses - 2012; 2013; 2015; 2016
- Autocrat - Crystal Snowflake Ball - 04/28/2012
Projects & Publications
- "The Effect of Spindle Whorl Design on Wool Thread Production," published in Medieval Clothing & Textiles, Volume 11, 2015
- The Effect of Spindle Whorl Design on Wool Thread Production - 05/2013
- The Effect of Spin Direction on Fabric Design - 02/2013
- Spinning to Period Spec - 02/2012
- Drop Spinning Study - 04/2011
I enjoy passing on my passion for textile arts through teaching. I have taught at Baronial and Shire A&S nights, Feast of the Hunter's Moon, War of the Roses, Hrim Schola, Northern Region War Camp, Novice Schola, and Pennsic.
More information on my projects and activities can be found here: http://www.osesilverhair.blogspot.com/